aberdeen-music

Robbie Williams

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Robbie to get lifetime Brit Award

What does everyone think of this?

I'm not too cool to admit I quite like Robbie Williams. I really liked his first album, and his second album was decent. He did go quite shite after that though.

But I love his new tune Bodies. I heard the start of his follow up single, and well it didn't sound so great.

Saying all that, he is magic live. I went to his gig at AECC about 10 years ago, and it is still one of the best I've been to. He's a performer, and a very good one at that.

BUT - outstanding contribution to music? I'm not so sure about that. His first 2 albums were mainly written by that gadge Guy (?) something or other, I forget his name. It's no coincidence that when they fell out, Robbie's music went from good pop tunes to complete bollocks. And, it's all a bit of a coincidence that after a couple of years of doing absolutely nothing, he releases a new album plays at the Electric Proms, announces a tour, starts speaking about re-joining Take That at some point, that he is announced as receiving this award.

I know the Brits aren't all together credible, but they shouldn't keep churning this award out every year. It should be kept for people who really deserve it, and only given out as and when necessary. At this rate, Gareth Gates will be getting the award in 2029.

Guest idol_wild

Robbie Williams songs remind me of really shit Asda staff nights out at the Cammachmore Hotel.

Horrendous.

I find most of the singles I have heard to be really quite irritating.

I also thought Take That were better without him.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Great entertainer (because he's smug and incredibly cocky) with an average voice. Has had some cracking pop songs written for him and delivered them well. Agree that first two records were his (and his writing team's) best.

x = great entertainer

a = smug

b = cocky

c = average voice

You're telling me that the formula for musical sucess...is x = ab/c ?

Here's my calculation

x = shite cokehead, performing songs written for him aimed to strike a chord with pissed cretins at wedding receptions

a = unjustifiably smug (money aside)

b = cocky (not so cocky now that he's halfway through eating a very large humble pie, which was lovingly baked for him by G.Barlow esq)

c = average voice (can't have a 4th variable in my hypothesis, and I'll give you this one)

now x = abc (possibly to the power of ?) :up:

robbie-williams.jpg

The whiny way in which he sings "Let meeeeeee-ee-e-e-e-e-e-e--eeeee ENTAAAHH - TAAAIHHHHN YOOOOHHHUUUUU" is one of the low points of music in general for me.

He'd make a good cheeky chappie in a panto - I think that's his level, but "the kids" and pissed up folk at wedding receptions rule the majority so I must be missing the appeal somewhere..............

x = great entertainer

a = smug

b = cocky

c = average voice

You're telling me that the formula for musical sucess...is x = ab/c ?

Here's my calculation

x = shite cokehead, performing songs written for him aimed to strike a chord with pissed cretins at wedding receptions

a = unjustifiably smug (money aside)

b = cocky (not so cocky now that he's halfway through eating a very large humble pie, which was lovingly baked for him by G.Barlow esq)

c = average voice (can't have a 4th variable in my hypothesis, and I'll give you this one)

now x = abc (possibly to the power of ?) :up:

bwahahahaha. brilliant! :laughing: