aberdeen-music

Angular Hardcore?

Huw

Would anybody be interested in this sort of thing? Some sorta mix of Converge, Young Widows, Desalvo, Botch, Friday Night Gunfight etc.

I've been wanting to do something like this for a while and the new Converge has just pushed me over the edge/inspired me to play more guitar. My other band would still be my main focus, but I'd like to do a lot of writing first and see how it goes. I've got riffs and stuff, but I find it difficult to structure stuff on my own and find it much easier with others.

I've been playing guitar, so I'd really be looking for a smart drummer and bassist. Possibly another guitar. Maybe even a baritone instead of bass. I know somebody who would be interested in bass, but really a question of logistics. Also, my guitar rig is pretty modest at best, so it'll be a progression of upgrade to gigging level gear.

Hit me up!

• 4 weeks later...

not angular hardcore, but i really want to do some balls out really easy and cheesy euro style skreamo, ya know? predictable chord progressions. dun dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-de-de-de-de-de-de-de, etc etc. like old raein but waaay more cheesy and less italian. like having to stop to cry and wipe tears on your sleeve and beat the floor.

• 3 months later...
not angular hardcore, but i really want to do some balls out really easy and cheesy euro style skreamo, ya know? predictable chord progressions. dun dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-de-de-de-de-de-de-de, etc etc. like old raein but waaay more cheesy and less italian. like having to stop to cry and wipe tears on your sleeve and beat the floor.

what like "I can't remember as time when I was goooood at something".

This may become something. Have another guitarist interested for defz.

Can safely add BOW359 and general "down tuned emo-violence" to the mix of influences and prolly take out Young Widows.