aberdeen-music

Classic Games

Lemonade

I downloaded a bunch of Megadrive ROMs this week and discovered that sadly, time has not been kind to many of the games I loved back in 1992.

What were your favourite games from back in the day?

Some Sega classics that are actually still quite good:

Streets of Rage 2

Sonic The Hedgehog

Road Rash

Speedball 2

Asterix (Master System)

Alex Kidd In Miracle World (Master System)

Double Dragon (Master System)

California Games (Master System)

Golden Axe

James Pond 2 - Codename Robocod

Donald Duck - Quackshot

Mickey Mouse - Castle Of Illusion

Cool Spot

Toejam & Earl

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker

Good times.

0901080046041.jpg

"Gamesmaster, I'm stuck at level three of Sonic The Hedgehog. Do you know any cheats?"

Guest Gladstone
I downloaded a bunch of Megadrive ROMs this week and discovered that sadly, time has not been kind to many of the games I loved back in 1992.

What were your favourite games from back in the day?

Some Sega classics that are actually still quite good:

Streets of Rage 2

Sonic The Hedgehog

Road Rash

Speedball 2

Asterix (Master System)

Alex Kidd In Miracle World (Master System)

Double Dragon (Master System)

California Games (Master System)

Golden Axe

James Pond 2 - Codename Robocod

Donald Duck - Quackshot

Mickey Mouse - Castle Of Illusion

Cool Spot

Toejam & Earl

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker

Good times.

0901080046041.jpg

"Gamesmaster, I'm stuck at level three of Sonic The Hedgehog. Do you know any cheats?"

Holy shit! I'd forgotten about most of those games. I had all the Master System games you mention. Endless hours of fun.

A bit of an earlier reference. What about the Dizzy games for the Spectrum? Ace.

Holy shit! I'd forgotten about most of those games. I had all the Master System games you mention. Endless hours of fun.

A bit of an earlier reference. What about the Dizzy games for the Spectrum? Ace.

Yeah the Dizzy games were fantastic. Me and Marcus Dos Dedos played through them all again a few years ago.

Have to disagree there chimp, the old Megadrive classics are still just enjoyable as they were back in nineteen oatcake I find. Ploughing through PGA Tour Golf 2 at this very moment. Then it's onto Streets Of Rage 2...:woohoo:

:up:

sensible soccer was brilliant especially the way they changed the names cos they didnt have permission to use them... eg Ryan Goggs!

my fave from that period was sonic the hedgehog 2, i did have it on my pc a couple of years ago and for its time it still didnt look too bad today!

Do you have a stutter?

I was playing 2 Crude Dudes yesterday, it was pretty good.

Nah when you turned NBA Jam on they had a delay on the word jam, so it went NBA Jam Jam Jam Jam. Two Crude Dudes was rare, beating the fuck out of a vending machine inbetween levels to get more health.

Hired Guns. Sickest Amiga game bar none.

ah, good shout. a massively underrated game. ace to play over a lan with some friends.

Here's my list:

SWOS

Populus

Mario Kart

Chaos

Champ Manager

Monkey Island

Alien Breed

Treasure Island Dizzy

Streets of Rage 2

Double Dragon

F18 Interceptor

Syndicate

Gauntlet

Mega-lo-Mania

Chaos Engine

Cannon Fodder

Sonic 1+2

All winners, each and everyone one of them.

ah, good shout. a massively underrated game. ace to play over a lan with some friends.

Here's my list:

Monkey Island

All winners, each and everyone one of them.

Monkey Island was fucking excellent! I was delighted to find it in Apples app store, so downloaded it and ran through it again!

Now im onto "Beneath a Steel Sky"

Monkey Island was fucking excellent! I was delighted to find it in Apples app store, so downloaded it and ran through it again!

Now im onto "Beneath a Steel Sky"

Yes! That was my fave point and click.

Another World is also a great adventure. Actually, that's probably the game that blew my mind the most, visually. It's truly cinematic.

There's heaps of ace old games, but I have to say that no game has gripped me like Super Mario World on the SNES.

13 years, on and off, it took me to complete all 96 levels. I've never wanted to complete a game more that I did that one, albeit I need to give the first GTA another crack. I always get bored of the 5 hours or so it'll take to gain enough points on the last level :(

sensible soccer was brilliant especially the way they changed the names cos they didnt have permission to use them... eg Ryan Goggs!

my fave from that period was sonic the hedgehog 2, i did have it on my pc a couple of years ago and for its time it still didnt look too bad today!

For some reason, the Mega Drive version didn't get the license, where as the Amiga version did, and had just about every professional football league on earth. Extraordinary depth for such an old game. Best game!

I also love Cannon Fodder, and Risky Woods, and Chaos Engine, and Final Fight - although I don't know if that was ever a console release. I've only ever played the arcade version. Definitely something I got excited about when we went to the seaside many years ago.

There's heaps of ace old games, but I have to say that no game has gripped me like Super Mario World on the SNES.

13 years, on and off, it took me to complete all 96 levels. I've never wanted to complete a game more that I did that one, albeit I need to give the first GTA another crack. I always get bored of the 5 hours or so it'll take to gain enough points on the last level :(

Yeah, that's special game. It got me into consoles 'cos I was always a computer head before a mate left his SNES over at my house for safe keeping. Genius game design!

As an Amiga snob I was always jealous of it. Although Yo Joe! was pretty tight.