aberdeen-music

Hogmanay 09/10

Guffer09

Haha, its going to be very hard to find something decent going on in Aberdeen this year ... hmm, if you're thinking down the ceildh line, I'd start looking round some of the hotels now and start booking early, places always fill up fast. I know down in Cove, the local hotel puts a buffet on and they have a disco on in the restaurant - the table you book is yours for the night. Was really successful last year but be warned, it did attract a lot of the older generation. The public bar is next door but there's nothing on in there but the atmosphere and the banter in there hogmanay night is immense, everyone mixes and auld lang syne is sang not too long after the bells. It is a little bit out of the city centre tho.

I have spent the last few NY's at friends houses and think it's time to do something again! Not been to the street party but it doesn't seem appealing. I knwo a few people who live in Edinburgh so reckon a few house visits would be included somewhere!!

James Zabiela is playing which is noice!

You should get one of those lamps that shower you in intense light and have a light party. Either that or wheel it around town with you.

Yes, I've been told those work but they're bloody expensive. Aberdeen council should stop wasting money on Sandi Thom and build a giant halogen bulb array to bathe us in happiness.