aberdeen-music

GFN present The Luchagors (featuring WWE star Lita)

Howcomes everything is so early and tight? Last band finished by quarter past ten? 15 minute changovers? Is there something on afterwards?

Tunnels website says:

I LEFT MY SOUL IN DETROIT

* For the next installment of I Left My Soul in Detroit we are proud to present Matthew Styles, his debut in Aberdeen.

* Matthew is one of the residents & co-founder of the now infamous Dig Your Own Rave at the T-bar in London.

* Now residing in Berlin, Matthew combines underground house & techno with a unique groove which has seen him become a regular at the Panorama Bar in Berlin.

* We are delighted that Matthew will be doing an extended 3 hour set for us.

* As always our extremely talented resident Dex will be on warm up duties playing some deep & jack in house to kick-off proceedings. This one is not to be missed.

* Entry 8, advance tickets available from One-Up (01224) 642662

Doors: 22:00

did anyone here notice a neckless at the end of the luchagors set.

it looks the same as the luchagors symbol. a sort of zombified wrestling mask with a movable jaw and its cast in silver. it was ontop of the guitar amp but when they went to pack up it was gone. amy is not best pleased about this and would love to see it back so if anyone has any information about it it would be muchly appriciated

cheers

:D

I had a blast man, Cobra Kai got a great reception, which was very nice and I really enjoyed myself. No more 6 month breaks between gigs hopefully....

I missed Escape To Victory (sorry guys...) cos I was taking my gear home and dropping off the car so I could have a few beers.

The Luchagors were OK, not brilliant, but the madness going on down the front was the most fun I've had at a gig in ages. The acrobatics were funny enough, but when the wrestling moves started I was in fucking knots. Brilliant. Until that bloke tried to do a moonsault off the stage and landed on the top of his head.... saw that coming like. There's a reason why WWE has a "Don't Try This At Home" message at the start of every program.... I bet he's got a big lump on his head today, and he's lucky it could have been a lot worse.

Does anyone know who the guy was who was taking all the photos? I've lost my camera somewhere so I didn't get any photos, if that bloke posts on here perhaps he could give me a link to his Flickr or something....

Yay! :up: