aberdeen-music

BDO tells Hearn to truck off

Scorge

was reading that earlier actually!

ollie crofts response is magic - British Darts Organisation Official Website

Hearn can fuck right off! I stopped watching darts on Sky as it is an absolute tragedy of drunken wankers with no respect for the game, the officials or the players.

When I was at Lakeside earlier this year the vibe was awesome, everybody behaved and the players were treated like heroes from everyone. BDO is county Darts and thats the way it shoudl be, always a new guy ont he block who could topple some of the giants!

Guest Motleyal

BDO pisses all over PDC in terms of entertainment. Did u know that Brian "Pecker"Wood lives in Aberdeen. He was a semi or quarter finalist at the lakeside a couple of years ago.

yeah, we got speaking to pecker last year. seemed like a right decent bloke! this was shortly before I graced the lakeside stage to collect my first prize in the raffle from the legendary MF.

he plays for the brig o dee, moved up when he met his missus who plays for the Northern Ladies.

BDO is proper darts and all about the game of darts!

PDC is drunken louts shouting loud. I honestly cringe when I watch the PDC these days.

Draw for the first round today:

IAN WHITE (ENG) 16 v STEPHEN BUNTING (ENG)

TONY O'SHEA (ENG) 1 v ROBBIE GREEN (ENG)

JOEY TEN BERGE (NED) 9 v BRIAN WOODS (ENG)

ALAN NORRIS (SWE) 8 v ROBERT WAGNER (NOR)

JOHN WALTON (ENG) 12 v WILLY VAN DE WIEL (NED)

TED HANKEY (ENG) 5 v GARY ROBSON (ENG)

MARK BARILLI (SCO) 13 v TONY WEST (ENG)

DARRYL FITTON (ENG) 4 v DAVE CHISNALL (ENG)

JOHN HENDERSON (SCO) 15 v MARENO MICHELLS (NED)

SCOTT WAITES (ENG) 2 v PAUL HANVIDGE (SCO)

MARTIN ATKINS (ENG) 10 v PAUL CARTER (ENG)

DAVE PRINS (ENG) 7 v MARTIN PHILLIPS (WAL)

STEVE WEST (ENG) 11 v MARTIN McCLOSKEY (ROI)

ROSS MONTGOMERY (SCO) 6 v GARRY THOMPSON (ENG)

SCOTT MITCHELL (ENG ) 14 v DARYL GURNEY (NI)

MARTIN ADAMS (ENG) 3 v ANTHONY FLEET (AUS)

Hankey/Robson stands out of that one for me. Plenty of Scots to back too. And no danger of me wasting 10 quid on Gary Anderson choking, haha!

:up:

And thus the BDO will continue to rot while the PDC flourishes. There's already rumours flying that the PDC will simply create their own County/Superleague structure - which wouldn't surprise me, given the way that Olly Croft runs things, he's managed to piss off quite a lot of the Counties as it is.

The sad thing is that darts would actually benefit by leaving the amateur side of things to the BDO and having the PDC run the professional side of things - look at the gulf in prize money between the two World Championships! Yet the PDC probably couldn't run an effective amateur setup - and this should be left to those running it at the moment.

For the BDO lovers - maybe you should ask just how much money paid to the BDO is actually reinvested in the County structure? Not very much, from what I read...

How much more defections can the BDO handle anyway? If O Shea and Hankey defect - then really, apart from Adams, is anyone else actually well known?

Even if the BDO is more refined - the presentation is rubbish, and if it wasn't for the BBC deal, would they really be able to say 'no' to the PDC? Hearn's not stupid - and it wouldn't surprise me if the BDO ended up nothing.

And thus the BDO will continue to rot while the PDC flourishes. There's already rumours flying that the PDC will simply create their own County/Superleague structure - which wouldn't surprise me, given the way that Olly Croft runs things, he's managed to piss off quite a lot of the Counties as it is.

The sad thing is that darts would actually benefit by leaving the amateur side of things to the BDO and having the PDC run the professional side of things - look at the gulf in prize money between the two World Championships! Yet the PDC probably couldn't run an effective amateur setup - and this should be left to those running it at the moment.

For the BDO lovers - maybe you should ask just how much money paid to the BDO is actually reinvested in the County structure? Not very much, from what I read...

How much more defections can the BDO handle anyway? If O Shea and Hankey defect - then really, apart from Adams, is anyone else actually well known?

Even if the BDO is more refined - the presentation is rubbish, and if it wasn't for the BBC deal, would they really be able to say 'no' to the PDC? Hearn's not stupid - and it wouldn't surprise me if the BDO ended up nothing.

At work, so typing this off the cuff: PDC is purely a money making cash cow exercise just like the EPL, nothing more, nothing less. Having been in the crowds at both a BDO and PDC tournament, I can tell you that the behaviour of the PDC crowds is far more disgraceful. Other prblem with the PDC is that too many defected players have the 'grass is greener' outlook, lured by the money which will only go so far down the ladder. Won't be long before some of the worse-off PDC players are back in the BDO, I reckon.

From what I've seen, the standard of darts in the PDC is of higher quality and they have that legendary croaky spiv shouting the scores. Pretty much all the big name players are in the PDC now, but I grew up on the Embassy at Lakeside so that will always have its pull. Fucking hell, that Taylor-Gregory final, and Deller checking out for the title on 138 back in 1983...

Plus, the PDC have that Fratellis "duh-duh-duh" shit playing all the fucking time and stop the play to take ad breaks. So it's your choice which one you prefer.

Part of me would like to see it back under one governing body, but if you saw that "Blood On The Carpet" programme a few years back then it really doesn't look likely. But only a fool says never...

At work, so typing this off the cuff: PDC is purely a money making cash cow exercise just like the EPL, nothing more, nothing less. Having been in the crowds at both a BDO and PDC tournament, I can tell you that the behaviour of the PDC crowds is far more disgraceful. Other prblem with the PDC is that too many defected players have the 'grass is greener' outlook, lured by the money which will only go so far down the ladder. Won't be long before some of the worse-off PDC players are back in the BDO, I reckon.:

I can believe about the behaviour part - but if you look at old videos from when the BDO was king, the crowds seem quite lively there too - I found one video where the crowd were laying into someone (Bristow? Can't remeber) - just like in the PDC.

The thing with money is that the PDC does keep on raising how much is on offer - looking at the PDC order of merit, you can arguably say that the top 50 are making a living from the sport. The BDO just isn't offering the same - even the gulf in money between the two World Championships is starting to become really telling.

Part of me would like to see it back under one governing body' date=' but if you saw that "Blood On The Carpet" programme a few years back then it really doesn't look likely. But only a fool says never...[/quote']

I'd love to see the PDC running the big events - as they've shown they can promote it properly. The sensible thing would be for them to introduce the 'Tour Card' that they're talking about - maybe with the top 64 in the world in any given season. That's about as much as they can realistically sustain at the moment - and then underneath that, the BDO could quite easily run as it is now. If it was fair, then BDO players would be able to play in PDC events if they were invited, while players with 'Tour cards' would still be able to enter BDO-sanctioned events if they were interested.

The thing with money is that the PDC does keep on raising how much is on offer - looking at the PDC order of merit, you can arguably say that the top 50 are making a living from the sport. The BDO just isn't offering the same - even the gulf in money between the two World Championships is starting to become really telling.

Debatable, though I'm not sure I'd fancy the PDC from a competitive point of view as there's usually only one bloke winnning everything.....

I'd love to see the PDC running the big events - as they've shown they can promote it properly. The sensible thing would be for them to introduce the 'Tour Card' that they're talking about - maybe with the top 64 in the world in any given season. That's about as much as they can realistically sustain at the moment - and then underneath that, the BDO could quite easily run as it is now. If it was fair, then BDO players would be able to play in PDC events if they were invited, while players with 'Tour cards' would still be able to enter BDO-sanctioned events if they were interested.

Hearn is in it for the dosh and the kudos well above the welfare of the game and has only ever wanted to smash the BDO to bits: anyone who disagrees with that is a total nugget. They are doing well just now, but even just losing the Sky coverage would put the PDC in the shit. He is only interested in the county system if it turns over more money for him. Ask any Leyton Orient fan what they think of Hearn.... ;)