aberdeen-music

Bank Charges

Le Stu

do you get a statement through with a bank giro credit slip at the bottom? if so fill it out and take it to your bank with 58p(though probably best to put in a couple of pence extra, for the interest accrued on 58p) and they should process it. have you tried to make a payment for less than a pound? i didn't realise some cards had minimum payment amounts.

I do the whole paper-free thing, so no giro thingy. I did try paying just the 58p, but got a popup advising of the minimum payment. I'll give them a phone to get it sorted

• 3 weeks later...

HBOS Overdraft

I've got a bank of Scotland account, am they have a hefty generous overdraft which I don't normally ever use, however on occasion I can go like 5 over for the last few days of the month.

But from now on I guess If Im going overdrawn then Im going overdrawn in style. If I know I will be going 1 over, then its time to shif 2499 into a different account until such time I know that I wont be overdrawn at all.

Actually if the charge is only 1 day, would it be beneficial to be constantly overdrawn by 2499 and have all that money sitting somewhere that would make more than 1 a day??

I've got a bank of Scotland account, am they have a hefty generous overdraft which I don't normally ever use, however on occasion I can go like 5 over for the last few days of the month.

But from now on I guess If Im going overdrawn then Im going overdrawn in style. If I know I will be going 1 over, then its time to shif 2499 into a different account until such time I know that I wont be overdrawn at all.

Actually if the charge is only 1 day, would it be beneficial to be constantly overdrawn by 2499 and have all that money sitting somewhere that would make more than 1 a day??

Good luck in finding something that's gonna pay 365 a year interest on 2499.

If you change to the BoS Reward Account they will give you 5 a month (if you deposit at least 1k every month). So assuming you're not overdrawn for more than 5 days you would come out even.

Because that would make less money for the banks.

Going back to the OP, I went into my local branch of HBOS yesterday with a view to switching to the Reward account in time for November and therefore to pick up my free 5.

Two members of staff there but neither with the authority to change my account. Manager with authority had an appointment soon.

Was told I could upgrade online. Went online to discover that you can't upgrade online to the Reward account which gives you a free fiver every month, only to the Ultimate Reward account which COSTS you 12.50 every month. Bunch of feckers.

God, the Ultimate Reward account is seriously ridiculous, I almost feel embarassed for signing up for it today but it will actually end up being cheaper as you don't pay anything up to the first 300 of your overdraft, meaning I'll only end up paying 7.50 a month rather than 30 or so, which would have made it much harder to pay off my overdraft. :down: