aberdeen-music

New electronic project

Suimasen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep going man, you're heading in the right direction. I never see the point in being too closed off or specific to styles when writing, you'll probably find you start getting a way that you work best. That in itself will mean you develop your own styles.

Really like the Do you compute (if that's what it's called). I would say for that one that I'd have liked for the intro drums to go on for longer and the second part that comes in to be shorter. But that's just me. You should try getting some samples of stuff involved, I love that Venetian Snares song called "This Bitter Earth" with the Danny Elfman sample from Edward Scissor Hands. Anyway, constructive crit I'd say would be careful with the transitions between sections. You've got the right idea, and like the switching beats, just need to get the feel of the song to follow through more. I'm writing like I know what I'm talking about there haha, it's not something I've tried doing myself so can't actually be of any technical use. Maybe spend some more time developing melody, the beats are coming on well.

I think you've been pretty ambitious from the get go so I expect interesting things to come out of your computer as you learn more about it :up:

This wasn't what I expected from the description, but in a good way. I'm not the best person to offer technical help so I can only really add that I love the balance you seem to strike between melancholy atmosphere and hooks. It reminds me of Depeche Mode at their best in some ways. I hope you do choose to play live at some point, that would be interesting to see.

This wasn't what I expected from the description, but in a good way. I'm not the best person to offer technical help so I can only really add that I love the balance you seem to strike between melancholy atmosphere and hooks. It reminds me of Depeche Mode at their best in some ways. I hope you do choose to play live at some point, that would be interesting to see.

Cheers man, although i'm not directly influenced by Depeche Mode, still take it as a big compliment!

Thanks for listening.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
you should throw these up on a zip file somewhere, id like a few of em for le ipod if you are happy to distribute?

I'm not entirely sure how to make zip files and stuff but i'll will give it a go and let you know as soon as i have done it.

Just had a listen to the new tracks now and really enjoyed them. Your skills are improving.

Still love the first 3 seconds of Do You Compute a lot (not that the rest isn't great). Ace drums.

Cheers man, i've been messing around with the programme alot recently and been learning new things all the time! Yeah Do You Compute is still probably one of my strongest tracks. Anyways glad you like the stuff and appreciate it as always!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...