aberdeen-music

landscape photo of the year

Free Korps

Hmmm, my camera does exposure bracketing and I'm not afraid to use it!

Nae sure I like modern photography competitions since that technique became available on every camera. It is over-used just now, and it is certainly an effect that is better when applied in moderation.

Some cracking photos in there though.

Hmmm, my camera does exposure bracketing and I'm not afraid to use it!

Nae sure I like modern photography competitions since that technique became available on every camera. It is over-used just now, and it is certainly an effect that is better when applied in moderation.

Some cracking photos in there though.

Ha, all cameras can do bracketed exposures and it's a technique as old as film. Hdr using processing software like photomatix is different and can be spotted with shit halo effects round parts of the photo. I don't think any of these are obviously hdr.

Some awesome pics on show there. I entered but wasn't quite upto standard this year. Maybe next year.

Ha, all cameras can do bracketed exposures and it's a technique as old as film. Hdr using processing software like photomatix is different and can be spotted with shit halo effects round parts of the photo. I don't think any of these are obviously hdr.

Some awesome pics on show there. I entered but wasn't quite upto standard this year. Maybe next year.

I didn't say it was new, and I didn't say cameras couldn't do it, I only stated that it is now a built in easy to use setting on modern cameras. It seems to be the "in thing" just now, and I personally feel it is over used.

Why the "ha" in your post, seems a bit condescending really. :up:

It's not an HDR image. The sun coming through the sky would look a mess if it was HDR.

I reckon that there is some layering of exposures to get that level of detail on the rock on the right hand side.

Definately some Photoshop, although it's amazing what can be achieved with excellent lighting, composition and knowledge.

I do think that the Skye image looks a bit artificial but it's also very well lit/ composed.

I didn't say it was new, and I didn't say cameras couldn't do it, I only stated that it is now a built in easy to use setting on modern cameras. It seems to be the "in thing" just now, and I personally feel it is over used.

Why the "ha" in your post, seems a bit condescending really. :up:

you stated that it was a modern technique widely used since it became available on cameras. Hence my ha. Perhaps a little condescending but your original post was silly.

you stated that it was a modern technique widely used since it became available on cameras. Hence my ha. Perhaps a little condescending but your original post was silly.

I'm happy to be proved wrong, so point out where I said it was a modern technique please.

I said it was a technique that I feel has been overused since it was made widely available.

:up:

I'm happy to be proved wrong, so point out where I said it was a modern technique please.

I said it was a technique that I feel has been overused since it was made widely available.

:up:

doh, wasn't with it this morning.

right, we'll all agree people have been bracketing exposures for yonks and that photoshop and auto-bracket modes on cameras make it easier to merge bracketed exposures. i think(maybe you weren't, but it would make more sense) you were thinking of hdr though, which is a slightly different technique and more artificial looking, and certainly a bigger 'fad' than just merging exposures.

back to looking at the awesome photos!