aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Leckie Gilman

Uploading stuff to the galleries.

I just can't.

It all goes fine till like I click on "Upload/Submit" then it does it's thing and then it's almost done and then this screen comes up saying it's timed out and there's a "fatal error" or someshit and it's like exceeded the 600 seconds or whatever.

What's all that about?

I'm having problems as well. it goes to load the image list after the upload and just does nothing after loading the background and header.

How big are the images you guys are trying to upload? Other people are managing to upload images so I don't think this is a widespread problem.

Because I use a border on my pictures some of the landscape ones won't upload... Any chance you can let me know the constraints regarding actual pixel size etc.

I've been having problems uploading pics for about a week now. I've tried several different picture sizes on two different computers at several different times of day. Obviously it's working for some people and not others. But definately not for me.

I wonder if the new random photo feature on the home page is causing this problem. I've disabled it for now. For those of you that were having problems can you please try and upload photos to the Gallery again?

Guest HARRY

mines isnt working either

The images i upload will never exceed 150Kb because I upload my BMP files into a GIF animator to reduce the file size dramatically before I put them in my gallery.

I click upload and only a grey background appears(the background on the forums) and it just stays like that until eventually my browser closes, but i dont think that has anything to do with the problem with the gallery

Okay, I've restarted the Gallery web site. Can you please all try to upload new images and let me know how you get on?

mine still doesn't work.

i thought it mighta been my computer or internet connection but it's nae because i got a mate to sign in as me on her computer and she still couldn't upload a 10kb jpeg.

so what's going on?

Well, this has me stumped. There would appear to be a problem with the component that is responsible for resizing images. But nothing has changed on the server and so I'm not sure why this is now happening.

I'll investigate further tonight and let you all know if I manage to fix it.

Okay, updated the image processing software. Can everyone please try and upload new photos again and let me know how it goes? I tried uploading a photo and had no problems.

Guest Logan
Okay' date=' updated the image processing software. Can everyone please try and upload new photos again and let me know how it goes? I tried uploading a photo and had no problems.[/quote']

yuss!

after weeks and weeks it finally works!

Good job sir! ^_^

Guest Logan

right, now it's fucking broken again.

I'm getting sick of this. I was going to sign up to be a supporter, but fuck that! What's the point in the extra space if I can't even upload pictures?!?!?

Calm down.

Okay, I've had the web site down quite a bit tonight so I can completely reconfigure the PHP set-up on the server. I've now changed the image processing software completely and changed a few settings so you guys should at least see some error messages the next time something goes wrong - rather than just a timeout.

So once again for those that haven't been able to upload images, please try again.

Please note that the current image processing module does not support uploading .gif images. This situation will change later in the year. So stick with JPEGs and PNGs for now.