aberdeen-music

Meursault Tour

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Hello pop kids!

I have been lucky enough to join one of my favourite ever bands and we're going on tour in November and the tour includes an Aberdeen date on Monday 9th November at The Tunnels. It would be wicked to see you there if you're interested or can be bothered.

Meursault on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

There are videos of some of our new material, performed live in August, here:

Meursault, Live at the Queens Hall | Song, by Toad

We will have two double A-side 7" vinyls available at these gigs, so the tour is somewhat of a launch for these two records. The 2008 album, Pissing on Bonfires/Kissing with Tongues will also be available, in addition to this year's Nothing Broke EP.

Tour schedule:

Wed 4th Nov: LONDON, The Fly

Fri 6th Nov: DERBY, Bar One

Sat 7th Nov: EDINBURGH, The Bowery's 1st Birthday Party

Mon 9th Nov: ABERDEEN, The Tunnels

Tue 10th Nov: GLASGOW, 13th Note

Thu 12th Nov: BLACKBURN, 41 King Street

Fri 13th Nov: BRADFORD, BCB Radio Acoustic Session

Fri 13th Nov: BRADFORD, 1 in 12 Club

Sat 14th Nov: WIGAN, Tudor House Hotel

Sun 15th Nov: NEWCASTLE, Head of Steam

What the press say:

"its a killer concoction, sparkling like Ben Gibbards Postal Service delivering something dazzling directly to your door. Definitely 1 to keep." - CRACK magazine

Clasping together starry-eyed electronica with cotton-picking wreaths of banjo plucks and ukulele strums, their debut album Pissing On Bonfire/Kissing With Tongues is an unassuming triumph of glum-pussed Scottish charm..." - DROWNED IN SOUND

"4/5 Meursault are the most exciting band to emerge from the capital since Found..they variously recall a lo-fi, rough edged Arcade Fire and Thom Yorke's solo album The Eraser...it'd be a crime if this fine band got overlooked" "...what mostly makes Meursault stand out from the crowd is the quality of Pennycook's songs, which are simultaneously romantic, intensely bleak and wryly funny" - THE SCOTSMAN

"...strong on existential angst, Arab Strap rage and self loathing...equally capable of the lovelorn misery of King Creosote or James Yorkston... Meursault do it uncommonly well:completely absorbed and unselfconcious, they vitally don't use the noise as an excuse not to write any tunes" - WORD magazine

Guest idol_wild
You'd be crazy to miss this.

Saw them at Oxjam on Friday at a sold out Bowery (Phil, was it so busy that Scott actually couldn't get in for the duet?) and they were fantastic.

Yes it was so busy that Scott Frabbit couldn't even get in to come on stage to play a pre-planned song with us! Ridiculous! My guitar was dripping with condensation because of all the body heat. It was fucking amazing. Though my guitar is probably fucking water damaged now!

I don't quite think the Aberdeen show will be that busy but hey, at least I can guarantee Meursault won't pull out this time! :up:

• 4 weeks later...