aberdeen-music

Singer looking to join covers band

jcn

Hiya

I am a singer, just graduated with a 2:1 in music performance as a soprano. I have a lot of gigging experience with covers bands, but it has been mostly playing sax with a little bit of singing. I'd like to join an existing band as a singer, maybe playing a little bit of sax if needed. I don't really mind what i sing: soul, funk, pop, jazz, etc.

I have played/sang in Groove Cruise (soul/funk) for two years and Aka Ska (ska) for four years. I have performed a lot as a soprano, I also learn songs pretty quickly.

cheers

Jayne

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey everyone

I'm still interested in joining a band that would do some Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Peggy Lee, etc.

Cheers

Jayne

Can I suggest you over sold yourself and scared everyone off, a degree in music isnt the sort of thing most valued by local covers bands...

Best of luck though... wish I had a gig for you.

From Alan

Hi Jayne, I play guitar and sing. I'm not in a band although I've had lots of gigging experience in the past. I'm into many styles. You can hear me play a couple of tunes on Youtube, playing a Beatles acoustic number and a blues instrumental. Type in my username "98percentturnip". I can supply mp3's of me playing in various bands if you want to hear more.Cheers Alan. My email.....alan99manley@yahoo.co.uk

Hi Jayne, I play guitar and sing. I'm not in a band although I've had lots of gigging experience in the past. I'm into many styles. You can hear me play a couple of tunes on Youtube, playing a Beatles acoustic number and a blues instrumental. Type in my username "98percentturnip". I can supply mp3's of me playing in various bands if you want to hear more.Cheers Alan. My email.....alan99manley@yahoo.co.uk

Hi alan sorry for the delay in replying, sounds good i'll send you an email.

Cheers

Jayne