aberdeen-music

Broadband problems - anyone any idea ?

jester1470

we were watching a DVD on the computer last night, with the Sky Broadband in the background and when i stopped the DVD and started trying to check my email we discovered no sites were working: yahoo, several forums, etc, my girlfriend fired up her pc to see what she could get and she discovered that she coulnt get into any sites either, except her gmail, her gmail is her main homepage, i checked mine and discovered I could get into gmail, google etc but no other sites, and this seems to be the same across all the PC's, the sites ping OK, I am guessing its something to do with the DNS settings from the research etc I've been able to do, however nothing's been touched, we were both watching a DVD and both other computers were off, I've run AVG and spybot just to be sure, nothing, its a Sagem Sky modem on a Sky Max line, any ideas ?

Phone sky and ask them to check your line, it's probably something to do with that. Have you restarted the router?

Might be a good idea. It's unlikely the DVD is the cause, whatever you were doing at the time is probably just a coincidence.

Turn off your computers and anything else that connects to the router. Restart it (or even better, turn it off completely for at least 30 secs) then try connecting again and see what happens. If it's still busted then give Sky a call.

Phone sky and ask them to check your line, it's probably something to do with that. Have you restarted the router?

Might be a good idea. It's unlikely the DVD is the cause, whatever you were doing at the time is probably just a coincidence.

Turn off your computers and anything else that connects to the router. Restart it (or even better, turn it off completely for at least 30 secs) then try connecting again and see what happens. If it's still busted then give Sky a call.

Yeah i doubt the DVD was anything that was more to illustrate we werrent messing about with things :p

I have restarted the router, reset it factory standards and have left it switched off and unplugged whilst I'm at work in the hope that might fix something. I'm guessing a DNS problem may be the cause, so hopefully Sky cvan fix it their end.