aberdeen-music

Singer, Bassist, Drummer and second Guitarist Needed

HummerOfIntenseEvil

Being a fan of Manic Street Preachers, The Clash, Joy Division and The Smiths it irks me somewhat that there are no great lyricists coming to the fore at the moment. The reason for this is of course because no one is able to hear MY lyrics. So, here's your chance to help me do something about it.

This is the deal: I have a ton of lyrics (at least two albums worth of great ones... or at least everyone I've shown them to seems to think they are good), a fair few of which have been put to music (to my ears the riffs sound ace, but obviously I can hardly be the judge). I need a rhythm guitarist, bassist, drummer and singer, although a singer who can play rhythm guitar would probably be preferred. However, my main concern for the singer is that they end up being compared to the greatness of Mike Patton. So I don't want any whiney voices.

If you imagine the words of Richey Edwards, Joe Strummer, Morrissey and Alan Partridge put into a blender, the end result is kind of what my lyrics are like. Especially the Partridge bit cos I tend to quote him in most songs.

Influences musically are: Manics, Clash, Tomahawk, Joy Division, AC/DC, Jane's Addicition, Guns N Roses, and maybe a bit of early Metallica in there too.

So its gonna be hard rock with politics. Although my song Family Fortunes (about Sarah Payne's parents) is quite a gentle sounding song for the most part.

If you are interested, and are younger than 22 (Cos that is being my age duuuuude) AND you are prepared to have possibly NO creative input (I will be the guiding light or something like that) then go and PM me and if I like the sound of you I'll allow you to join in my fail-safe plan to rock stardom.

NB: No drugs will be consumed ever in the lifetime of the band. Basically, anyone who wants to be famous for the sake of sex and drugs need not apply. This is all about getting the message across maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Found found found!

Hey Intense I'm your man! I play rthyme guitar, sing and write my own songs; I'm into The Smiths, Joy Division (Ian Curtis was an excellent lyricist)

REM, Manics, U2 amongst other stuff. love The Pistols and The Clash, esp. London Calling. Would like to create tunes on a par with The Queen Is Dead, The Holy Bible and Closer.

interested? email me on: dexter@cooper3418.fsnet.co.uk Ta! :band::band::band:

• 2 years later...

I'd be up for jamming maybe. I can't write songs but I like to have my own input to original material all the same, it would be minor at most though. I can't also say I'm into the Manic Street Preachers, Joy Division etc but I'd be up for hearing more of their stuff and expanding my musical tastes. I just want to rock..... hard.

Dallas x

I'd be up for jamming maybe. I can't write songs but I like to have my own input to original material all the same, it would be minor at most though. I can't also say I'm into the Manic Street Preachers, Joy Division etc but I'd be up for hearing more of their stuff and expanding my musical tastes. I just want to rock..... hard.

Dallas x

I think you'd be into playing that sort of stuff young loon, you have to get back to rock!

This thread is over 2 years old! Wonder if he gets to rule the roost in Stroszek????

I'm guessing not...

So it is! You don't have to go that far back to find people looking for a drummer min!! We're like gold dust. Well, you are, I'm just like dust. Dust, Dust, anybody? Dust.