aberdeen-music

Vegan restaurants / menus

offramp

this would work right? they can eat the wraps and the spice mix and the vegetables that would go in it (obvz)? I thought I'd post here rather than start a new thread.

Reckon this would be a bit different/more tasty than the inevitable couscous/houmous that a lot of vegan bands prolly get

I thought that all vegans could eat was fallen berries and twigs...

Guest Gladstone

What about horseshit? All horses eat is grass (and things like carrots and neaps if you give them it), so their shit is just pure vegetarian.

I say give them horseshit burgers.

• Upvote 1

this would work right? they can eat the wraps and the spice mix and the vegetables that would go in it (obvz)? I thought I'd post here rather than start a new thread.

Reckon this would be a bit different/more tasty than the inevitable couscous/houmous that a lot of vegan bands prolly get

Certainly, this would work. However, Mexican food without cheese, sour cream and bacon fat is an abomination in my eyes.

I think middle eastern and Indian cuisine is best for vegans. Falafel FTW!

Hypocrites. Algae are people too!

I don't think it's specified what kind of slime, it could well be slug and snail slime that they prefer to go for. I believe that vegans take the freegan approach to insect residues, as long as the slugs and snails aren't being "milked" for it. Best to get it fresh though which is why vegans can often be found on hands and knees in gardens round the country just after a rain.

Guest Gladstone

Vegetarianism is a crock of shit if you ask me - don't mean to offend anyone here (though I probably will...)

But aren't plants/vegatables/etc/etc all living things too?

Where do you stop?

You get "vegetarians" that only eat white meat. What the fuck? That's still a dead animal. Then the ones that don't eat meat but eat dairy products and/or eggs. Then the ones that don't eat dairy products but eat things that grow out of the ground / on trees etc. Everything we eat is a living thing or derived from ingredients from living things.

Get a steak down you.

You get "vegetarians" that only eat white meat. What the fuck? That's still a dead animal. Then the ones that don't eat meat but eat dairy products and/or eggs. Then the ones that don't eat dairy products but eat things that grow out of the ground / on trees etc. Everything we eat is a living thing or derived from ingredients from living things.

I used to work with a girl who used to be "ooooh noez woe is me" when we were at staff nights out and people were eating meat. She likes her a bit of fish though ?(

I was ovo/lacto vegetarian at the time and she saw me as a kindred spirit or something. I thought she was a loon and then because of this my work mates started getting apologetic for eating meat in front of me!! Chow down my carnie friends, was always my attitude.

Part of the reason I'm back to meat. I find the veggie mentality a bit fucked.

For ffff.... there's an expansive thread on the veggie/vegan argument elsewhere. Use the search and go resurrect it if you really have to.

I was away to make that very same comment - the veggie/vegan thread before was pretty thorough and went over all the vegan stuff.

The old university vegan and vegetarian group made a compassionate guide to Aberdeen (which was mainly places to go and eat for vegans) which I think is found here:

Aberdeen Vegan and Vegetarian Society

I don't think Aberdeen is particularly on the forefront of veganism though...mainly due to the views expressed prior to this message! ;)

Guest Gladstone
For ffff.... there's an expansive thread on the veggie/vegan argument elsewhere. Use the search and go resurrect it if you really have to.

Veggie dining is real nice, ethics aside. Sadly, the nicest vegan thing I've found locally is the soup at work.

Sorry about that chief, this thread must have really put you out of your way.

Veggie dining is real nice, ethics aside. Sadly, the nicest vegan thing I've found locally is the soup at work.

why_so_serious_cat-12947.jpg

Don't normally do these kind of posts. It was kind of a jokey thread to be honest and some tiny elements of usefulness eventually to the initial post.

As the thread starter, I take it that's aimed at me?

Who the fuck pissed on your chips? (made from organic, non-dairy, non-animal derived ingredients).

I got what info I wanted out of this.Thanks.

I'm, like, so totally sorry that I had to start a new thread. I hope the internet doesn't run out of space.

x

:love:

• Upvote 1

I think it was aimed at the people starting to argue about the merits of veganism. In which case it was a fair point, there is a stonking great big thread about that kind of thing and it's not what this thread was started for.

Who the fuck pissed on your chips? (made from organic, non-dairy, non-animal derived ingredients).

I got what info I wanted out of this.Thanks.

I'm, like, so totally sorry that I had to start a new thread. I hope the internet doesn't run out of space.

x

:love:

Blimey, absolutely not aimed at you. It's a useful thread.

• 2 weeks later...