aberdeen-music

Ps3 death

Jim Stax

Not something I've heard of before, but it is apparently a system failure of some kind. I did a bit of digging about on tinternet but the only advice there seems to be is the usual - power down, disconnect everything from the back then reconnect again and try again. Maybe try removing the hard drive as well. Failing that you may have to call Sony support -

08705 99 88 77

help@uk.playstation.com

Seems to be very rare. You don't have much luck, do you?...

Not something I've heard of before, but it is apparently a system failure of some kind. I did a bit of digging about on tinternet but the only advice there seems to be is the usual - power down, disconnect everything from the back then reconnect again and try again. Maybe try removing the hard drive as well. Failing that you may have to call Sony support -

08705 99 88 77

help@uk.playstation.com

Seems to be very rare. You don't have much luck, do you?...

Cheers min. :up: Tell me about the luck thing. Appears I was a cunt in a former life ;(

And despite what you may read online, when my blu-ray bricked, i found the Sony customer support really helpful, and although it may take weeks to get your console fixed, they offered a replacement one for the time it took to fix (basically the delivery guy drops off a new console, picks up yours and when its fixed they make the swap back) they even managed to get me an "old-school" 60Gb one during the swap just like mine.

Unlucky tho man, it seems a pretty rare occurrence.

In all seriousness though, there are rumours about PS3's having "the yellow light of death". They appear to be very rare though and the majority of the issues encountered by PS3 owners (first gen) are with the Blu-Ray drives crapping out. Anyone I know who's had that issue has commented on how good Sony were with swapping it out and getting it fixed.

yep, I got the YLOD. Completely fucked. 1st gen from the states so no chance of a replacement. There's a ridiculously complicated home-brewed procedure to fix it involving a heat gun and all sorts but I reckon it'd be more hassle than its worth. Fifa 09 is stuck inside too, gutted!!!