aberdeen-music

Aberdeen band hailed by Taio Cruz

Adam Easy Wishes

Guest Gladstone

The singer I'm sure is Michael Gordon from Northsound 1, obviously going under a different name.

Never really listened to their tunes much, but I think they've got a song about Flying or something which is nae bad. They're very much a "pop" act from what I gather, and have been pretty high up the Scottish charts, and have supported some fairly sizeable bands, such as................ Wet Wet Wet at AECC (I think).

The singer I'm sure is Michael Gordon from Northsound 1, obviously going under a different name.

Never really listened to their tunes much, but I think they've got a song about Flying or something which is nae bad. They're very much a "pop" act from what I gather, and have been pretty high up the Scottish charts, and have supported some fairly sizeable bands, such as................ Wet Wet Wet at AECC (I think).

Aaah, now I remember. They were on the official RedTV video of the Dons' 'road to Europe' a few years back. Something about learning to fly. Maybe R Kelly will give it his approval some day.

I had to google both Outbox and Taio Cruz.

It did lead me to learning that boyband 911 had a greatest hits album though and that Spike from said boyband now owns a dance school.

hahaha.. outbox is a pritty common word so probable woudn't get the story lookin up jst outbox. i've heard their stuff on youtube very good =]] loooky.. YouTube - Outboxmusic's Channel nice one for taio to give them sum publicity :up: x

Guest Tam o' Shantie
hahaha.. outbox is a pritty common word so probable woudn't get the story lookin up jst outbox. i've heard their stuff on youtube very good =]] loooky.. YouTube - Outboxmusic's Channel nice one for taio to give them sum publicity :up: x

Hi, as a long-posting contributor to Aberdeen-Music, I respect your opinion and will definitely check these guys out...sounds like they really know how to rock

.........................../' /)

........./ /)........./ //

......,/// ........./...//

...../...//. ......./ //

....//' / /.../ /

.../'.../... ./... /.../ //

.('(...(... ....... ,../'. .')

..\.......... ..... ..\/..../

..''...\.... ..... . _.

....\....... ..... ..(

.....\.....? ..... ...\

Hi, as a long-posting contributor to Aberdeen-Music, I respect your opinion and will definitely check these guys out...sounds like they really know how to rock

.........................../' /)

........./ /)........./ //

......,/// ........./...//

...../...//. ......./ //

....//' / /.../ /

.../'.../... ./... /.../ //

.('(...(... ....... ,../'. .')

..\.......... ..... ..\/..../

..''...\.... ..... . _.

....\....... ..... ..(

.....\.....? ..... ...\

I have chosen 2 believe that u mean what u say - u do respect my opinion - and thank u kindly. afterall, just because i haven't made 3000++ posts on the forum like u doesnt render my opinion worthless, does it? so, thanks very much for valuing my opinion Tam O'Shantie! :kiss:

• Upvote 1

Run of the mill shitpop. Not my cup of Savage Garden but fair play.

I've always wondered how bands (or are they called groups?) of this style get their breaks. I assume they didn't get the Wet Wet Wet slot because Marti Pellow saw them at the Tunnels on a Tuesday night and I've never seen them on X Factor.

Run of the mill shitpop. Not my cup of Savage Garden but fair play.

I've always wondered how bands (or are they called groups?) of this style get their breaks. I assume they didn't get the Wet Wet Wet slot because Marti Pellow saw them at the Tunnels on a Tuesday night and I've never seen them on X Factor.

If you want, you can catch us at the GRV in Edinburgh in November, or perhaps Harley's in Bathgate. Or you can hear us on Jim Gellatly's show on Radio Scotland. We're also in the recommended downloads in this month's Total Guitar magazine. We've released 3 singles on our own label, at our own costs.

You are correct though, Marti Pellow didn't see us on a Tuesday night at the Tunnels and we've never been on X-Factor.

If you want, you can catch us at the GRV in Edinburgh in November, or perhaps Harley's in Bathgate. Or you can hear us on Jim Gellatly's show on Radio Scotland. We're also in the recommended downloads in this month's Total Guitar magazine. We've released 3 singles on our own label, at our own costs.

Good work :up: I don't think I'll travel to Edinburgh to see you but thanks!

I assume from listening to your music that the majority of people who frequent this site, like myself, aren't your target market. I hear you as radio friendly pop in the vein of Enrique Iglesias, Daniel Beddingfield and such like (sorry if those are dated examples and in your eyes totally wide of the mark?!). I would have thought that the people who like that sort of music would tend to go to big stadium gigs where these artists are playing but wouldn't be so inclined to go to a local gig where a relative unkown is playing as people do with rock, punk, metal, crabcore etc. It's the step inbetween starting out and being established that I am curious about.

Obviously you've done a lot off your own back which is commendable and more than a lot of guys on here have done, myself included....

Hi,

We'll probably always be in the stage between starting out and being established!!

We don't really do anything that differently and we do play the same kind of venues as bands like Flaming Kate, just that we would obviously be on a different bill.

I think the youtube vids are very "pop" but our own stuff is really not as pop as that. We have a live setup of 2 vocals, guitar, bass, keys, kit - fairly standard, and we spend hours rehearsing, recording, etc in the same way. I'd imagine, as you say, that the majority of people who frequent this site would not like this Taio Cruz story and would probably see us as "shitpop", but I suppose that's the fun of music and another reason why it's important not to take anything too seriously!!

Good work :up: I don't think I'll travel to Edinburgh to see you but thanks!

I assume from listening to your music that the majority of people who frequent this site, like myself, aren't your target market. I hear you as radio friendly pop in the vein of Enrique Iglesias, Daniel Beddingfield and such like (sorry if those are dated examples and in your eyes totally wide of the mark?!). I would have thought that the people who like that sort of music would tend to go to big stadium gigs where these artists are playing but wouldn't be so inclined to go to a local gig where a relative unkown is playing as people do with rock, punk, metal, crabcore etc. It's the step inbetween starting out and being established that I am curious about.

Obviously you've done a lot off your own back which is commendable and more than a lot of guys on here have done, myself included....

sumbody said they'd never heard of the band. sumbody else tells u what they've done, where u can c them.. + they immediately get a rude response.

i might try to get along 2 one of the gigs, or if u're playing in the deen i'll head along.

..i think u all need hugs. obviously u're unhappy + take pleasure from insulting ppl... i don't get it. fair enuf have an opinion but, there is no need 2 be unnecessarily mean and rude.

Hi,

We'll probably always be in the stage between starting out and being established!!

We don't really do anything that differently and we do play the same kind of venues as bands like Flaming Kate, just that we would obviously be on a different bill.

I think the youtube vids are very "pop" but our own stuff is really not as pop as that. We have a live setup of 2 vocals, guitar, bass, keys, kit - fairly standard, and we spend hours rehearsing, recording, etc in the same way. I'd imagine, as you say, that the majority of people who frequent this site would not like this Taio Cruz story and would probably see us as "shitpop", but I suppose that's the fun of music and another reason why it's important not to take anything too seriously!!

True that. Good luck to you :up:

well apologies if that was the point, but I just read it again and it certainly does *seem* to be a bit of a boast!

Final post on this. If it came across that way, then I apologise.

On another note completely, if any of you are in bands and would like some airplay, please see my thread about the Sunday Session. We're looking for local bands to submit more material. Coming up over the next few weeks we have Bonesaw, Fifefifteen and Gerry Jablonski.

This year, we've had the Dykeenies, Twin Atlantic, tommy reilly, The Law and many many more, including local bands Samurai Fury, The Marionettes, Indian Red Lopez and The Locals in session.

Email sundaysession@northsound1.com and post CD's (make sure and put contact details on the CD) to:

Sunday Session

Local Artist

Abbotswell Road

Aberdeen

AB12 3AJ