aberdeen-music

For sale Casiotone CT-810

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Vintage 49 key analogue keyboard/synth by Casio. While this isn't a fully tweakable synth, it has nice rich analogue preset tones, a warm one-key chord feature, stereo chorus built in and various preset drum beats with Roland-esque drum sounds. Great for lo-fi sounds. Digital sequencer onboard with a ROM chip included. Mic input, headphone out, L/R audio jack outs & sustain in. Manual tuning -1/+1 complete tone.

The only thing wrong with it is that the Rythmn Volume knob is not fixed on properly so it doesn't turn as smoothly as the others. The controller itself functions perfectly, it just doesnt start and end at the min/max and this does not affect the sound in any way.

Can't find any info on this other than a couple of positive mentions on an 8-bit producers' forum. I'll deliver it to your door for 50.

es3uhs.jpg

jfyyv9.jpg

2e5vds3.jpg

Guest Tam o' Shantie

it looks more complex than it is...you just choose a tone and play it - it has speakers as you can see and runs off the power lead or batteries (but from memory it was a bit crackly with the old batteries that were in it).

as i said, fully tweakable it aint, lo-fi/analog/twee it is. and the drums are nice (real time tempo control with the knob as well to get those Suicide style OTT fast drum beats) they remind me of the drum sounds in 'we will become sillhouettes' by postal service.