aberdeen-music

Prague

DJ Jo-D

Loved it when I went in 2007. Awesome city, although it's quite predictably full of stag parties and "lads on tour" in matching polo shirts.

I'd try to stay away from the restaurants and bars in and around Wenceslas Square and the Old Town Square. Most of them are massively overpriced and not any cheaper than at home. Head off down a few of the smaller streets and you'll find some cheap gems; we had a four course meal in one place for about 7 each, including drinks and the tip, and the food was absolutely cracking too. There's some great wee places that do top quality munch for very little coinage, and most of 'em are just a couple of minutes away from the centre. There's a place between the two squares called "Cafe Kafka" or something like that. It does the best goulash in town and the service is excellent.

As far as attractions go, the big museum at the top of Wenceslas Square is amazing, and the castle is absolutely unbelieveable (especially St. Vitus). There's a bunch of cool museums and exhibitions and along the river, and the street markets and Charles Bridge are great. Check out the clock at the Old Town Square and climb up it for a great view of the city. Also, there's a big hill on the other side of the river (can't mind the name, something beginning with a P though) that's pretty spectacular.

The torture museum is absolutely brutal, but definitely worth a look for the amusement factor. I enjoyed the Communism museum too, although if you go don't try and read every single plaque/bit of information or you'll be there all day.

Getting around is incredibly easy too. When we got to the airport we bought a week-long ticket for about 7 that gave us unlimited travel on all the trams, buses, and metro services. Absolutely first class service; everything is usually on time, and the trams make for a nice way to see the city if you're shattered and can't be arsed walking for a while.

Enjoy it.

Loved it when I went in 2007. Awesome city, although it's quite predictably full of stag parties and "lads on tour" in matching polo shirts......

Enjoy it.

Thank, quite a bit of uselful information there! I'm gonna take that with me - thanks!!

wheee I can't wait, never been and really looking forward to it (not looking forward to the 4hrs between flights in luton tho :(

I remember enjoying the Mucha museum, a puppet theatre doing a history of the Beatles, a river trip, 'the Golden Lane' (I think it was) up at the castle, the viewing tower at the top of the funicular railway and the jewish cemetery.

I remember not enjoying being surrounded by guys with machine guns and being accused of having a grenade in my luggage at the airport (it was a bit off an old record player).

What a beautiful place Prague is!!! my feet are broken from all the walking and I am in serious need of a diet (after today) to shed the extra weight I must of put on from all the eating and fine beer drinking!

We visited the Sex & Torture Museum (2 seperate museums, I don't think being totured with sex would work), and the castle & castle gardens which took about a day in itself . Also did some shopping.I didn't make any clubs too shattered late on, but will do that the next time I visit :)