aberdeen-music

Roland td-12 for sale (expanded)

ZeromiserY

I want to ....well, need to sell my Roland kit due to not having the room to play it anymore.

i bought it for 2500 or 2700 (i can't remember exactly, there was a bit of haggling). i've also added two cym pads which can be used for any sound. my set up was 2x crash, ride and a china or splash. the two pads cost 400 so a total of about 3000

Its a few years old but due to circumstance has only seen about a years use.

I'm willing to part with it but I'm not sure what these kits are worth 2nd hand so offers please.

(if anyone can give me an insight via PM i'd appreciate it)

for an electronic kit it sounds amazing with a little tinkering. also good for PC recording with both midi and line out. some of the original sounds on it sound a bit cheesy but they are very customisable.

I'll also include a kick pedal and hi-hat stand which normally isn't included. no drum stool available to give with it though.

if you're looking for the quietest possible pratice solution this is it. the mesh heads are the best possible likeness to an accoustic kit i've found.

I'll leave it up to you to google reviews on it for honesty's sake.

here is a link to roland's web page for it : Roland U.S. - TD-12S: V-Stage Series

here is a demo by omar hakim

(i think its the TD20 he's playing though) good examples of how dynamic it is though

PM me for further info or with an offer.

I wouldn't be selling this beast if i could still play it every other day like i used to.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
What are qualities in the snare sounds?

they are so customisable you can have pretty much any sound you want.

the rimshots don't sound so hot but i barely scratched the surface with the custom snare sounds, it was more the bass drum sounds i tinkered with.

you can amend the depth, width, skin, snare of the virtual snare drum then you can go into things like effects etc. adding reverb, compression, tape. pretty much everything you can do with a real snare which has been mic'd up.

something i forgot to mention was you can also tighten or loosen off the mesh heads on the snare, toms and bass.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'Jacked up got himself a good deal on a roland kit elsewhere when i didnt reply to an email (which, due to a misunderstanding was sent to my old email address i no longer have access to)

thus, my kit is still available.

looking for offers around the 2000 mark. don't be shy about firing me an offer

will consider selling as the original TD12 (without the additional cymbals) for less.

thanks

Roland td-12 is one awesome elctronic kit

Anyone who is thinking about buying a decent electronic drum kit should really get in touch with this guy.

I've had my TD-12 for a week now and am totally amazed by it.

It just feels so much like a real acoustic kit.

The sound from the cymbals are so real.

His price is a decent price considering he has 2 additional cymbal pads.

Just wish we hadn't had a mix up with the emails or I would have bought them from him.

SO GO ON, SOMEONE MAKE THIS GUY HAPPY AND BUY THIS AWESOME ELECTRONIC KIT

Anyone who is thinking about buying a decent electronic drum kit should really get in touch with this guy.

I've had my TD-12 for a week now and am totally amazed by it.

It just feels so much like a real acoustic kit.

The sound from the cymbals are so real.

His price is a decent price considering he has 2 additional cymbal pads.

Just wish we hadn't had a mix up with the emails or I would have bought them from him.

SO GO ON, SOMEONE MAKE THIS GUY HAPPY AND BUY THIS AWESOME ELECTRONIC KIT

thanks jacked up, glad you're enjoying your new kit. just wish i still had the room to play mine!

:up:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...