aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2010

delboy

yeah brian gilfillan, he plays for Annan and is ex Aussie premier league player. guy is a balloon in real life but is a good player! I have picked up a few decent buys and ill expand laters, im in a rush!!

i won the league with stephen mcconalogue in my team!! ha ha ha! leyden and gemmel were brilliant with leyden scoring 20 goals last season.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a wee go as Notts County in the demo and fully enjoyed it! My best signing was a 17year old center mid on loan from Spurs, who's name escapes me at the minute. Recognised him as the player who the media touted as the 'new Gerrard' a year or so ago. He was awesome, scoring belters every other game in addition to bagging loads of assists

yeah brian gilfillan, he plays for Annan and is ex Aussie premier league player. guy is a balloon in real life but is a good player!

Maybe good in the centre of defence, but his passing is absolutely shocking. Does chip in with a belter or two every now and then though. Never did well for us, though he at least showed some commitment through the Paterson dressing room revolt.

bought this after playing the demo. having a blast this season with montrose with young joran leyden being an absolute hero along with big gemmel. I havent lost at home but I am fucking dreadful away and concede lots of stupid goals! still sitting top by a few points!

My mate was meant to be in FM for Montrose. He was really pissed/confused as to his exclusion.

Had a wee go as Notts County in the demo and fully enjoyed it! My best signing was a 17year old center mid on loan from Spurs, who's name escapes me at the minute. Recognised him as the player who the media touted as the 'new Gerrard' a year or so ago. He was awesome, scoring belters every other game in addition to bagging loads of assists

Bostock I think his name was...

who was it? most of the kids who have made first team apparences or subbie appearences were included except for kieran adams, who has since moved elsewhere!

His name is Nick Gray and he plays up front. I think he's played before, but he's been out injured for a few weeks recently.

yeah nick has done well for us actually, he played once last season and has made several sub appearences this season. He is rated by many of the fans as he usually comes on and gets stuck right in! Did well against Cowdenbeath last year and showed he had more to offer than Roddy Hunter and narrowly missed a few chances. Spoke to him a few times to give him encouragement and he seems like a good lad.

I think Alan forgot to stick him in! whoops!

Seems up to it strength-wise, maybe just lacks that bit of intelligence to make a real difference at the moment, It will come but he needs to go out on loan to the Juniors to hone it.

Does he not play Rugby at a decent level too?

yeah nick has done well for us actually, he played once last season and has made several sub appearences this season. He is rated by many of the fans as he usually comes on and gets stuck right in! Did well against Cowdenbeath last year and showed he had more to offer than Roddy Hunter and narrowly missed a few chances. Spoke to him a few times to give him encouragement and he seems like a good lad.

I think Alan forgot to stick him in! whoops!

Seems up to it strength-wise, maybe just lacks that bit of intelligence to make a real difference at the moment, It will come but he needs to go out on loan to the Juniors to hone it.

Does he not play Rugby at a decent level too?

Yeah? That sounds like he's doing well. Played footie casually with him a few times, scored my best ever goal against his team at goals.

Yeah, I know him because we would have played in the same quite succesful rugby team had I not been brutally injured. He's a decent fullback/winger with a good boot (unsuprisingly) and a massive sidestep.

• 2 weeks later...

Got bored of playing as Montrose after taking them to the dizzy heights of the First Division (sign Gary Wales btw, holy shit), I decided to start a new game as AC Milan, with the long-term goal of replacing all their old crusty bastards with exciting young players. So far I've shipped out Seedorf to Villarreal for 9m (still a decent player, but I couldn't reject 9m for someone his age) and signed two midfielders from Rosenborg (Annan and Skjelbred, both look great), Otamendi from Velez, and a handful of 16-18 year olds. First XI is pretty much unchanged but Otamendi, Annan and Skjelbred will be perfect replacements for Nesta, Gattuso, and Pirlo in a couple of seasons.

Don't usually like playing as the bigger clubs but I figured this would be an interesting challenge. Had a quick bash at Notts County too but got bored really quickly; it's absolutely ridiculous how easy you can boss League Two with their finances.

i signed Gary Wales whilst in the 2nd division and he was fucking SHITE. played 18 games start, 10 subs and scored 2 goals and 3 assists. Really pish for me.

Michael Coulson and Jordy Broujer have been outstanding with Coulson netting 17 in 18 games. Marc Kalenga in the middle of the park with John Maitland has worked well. At the back Sean Crighton and a revolving door of Gilfillan, James Taylor and some Belgian guy seems to work well. McNeil has been outstanding in goals.

Narrowly missed out on promotion through the playoffs, had a 4 game winning streak to sneak into playoffs, beat peterhead in Semi's and lost a goal in last minute of 2nd leg of Final at Dunfermline to stay in Div 2. Bah.

Been offerred countless jobs by shitty english teams and might take the next one, my youth system is shite, my pitch is fucked 3 games into the season and when morale goes low I can't buy a win!

After guiding cambridge to the premier league i'm on a european game running 12 top flight leagues - austria, bulgaria, croatia, scotland, france, italy, germany, spain, switzerland, holland and sweden. started unemployed as a former semi pro player and got a job in bulgaria. it was a disaster, i made no effort and said all sorts of stupid things in press conferences. i lost 11 of the first 13 league games and resigned before i got sacked even though the club were predicted to finish bottom, all that losing was doing me head in.

then got offered a job at willem II in holland, mid way through the season and got them relegated but but up a decent fight. sweden next where i started having a bit of success, guided the team away from the relegation zone first season and won swedish cup, then finished runners up in the league twice on trot, got to another cup final and won swedish super cup. had a couple of european adventures including getting to group stages of europa league where i was pretty outclassed by my opponents apart from a 3-0 win against spurs!

resigned as i wanted a change and got offered the job at hearts. going pretty well, built up a team of very young players and actually challenging for league but reckon i'm due a dip in form. keep spanking celtics ass which is nice and playing the huns in the league cup final! really enjoying my time at tynecastle!

resigned as i wanted a change and got offered the job at hearts. going pretty well, built up a team of very young players and actually challenging for league but reckon i'm due a dip in form. keep spanking celtics ass which is nice and playing the huns in the league cup final! really enjoying my time at tynecastle!

That's disgusting. Wash your mouth out!

I'm currently in a seriously revamped Aberdeen Team in 2012, managed to get 2.5 million for darren mackie and 1.7 for Lee Miller and bought Steven Fletcher who has been brilliant and Riordan and got the best scoring partnership in Scotland, won the premiereshi[p last year after being second previous 2 years and on course to win again now, pittodrie has been enlarged to 25k capacity (being enlarged again next year) and my trips into europe have been successfull too, getting beaten eventually by AC Milan and Barcelona in the past few years. Got a few nice, cheap players and now my youth team is starting to produce some really good players.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm holding off getting 2010 because I am having a belter of a game ion 2009 at the moment.

What features will I notice an improvement with in 2010?

Also, for some reason my game wouldn't work with me selecting the 3D matches, despite having the capabilities on my laptop to run it. Any tips?

No idea with your problem...check the forums here: Sports Interactive Community - Powered by vBulletin

2010's 'background' shit has all been improved so the game runs a lot faster. The game engine is ten times better in terms of flow aswell as visually (in 3D). It is much easier to create tactics that do what you want your team to do (whether it works against your opposition is another story...).

Those are probably the three most stand-out differences from a first play. There are far more reasons why 2010 is better, and I would urge you to start a game ASAP (you will regret not starting earlier... :]).

No idea with your problem...check the forums here: Sports Interactive Community - Powered by vBulletin

2010's 'background' shit has all been improved so the game runs a lot faster. The game engine is ten times better in terms of flow aswell as visually (in 3D). It is much easier to create tactics that do what you want your team to do (whether it works against your opposition is another story...).

Those are probably the three most stand-out differences from a first play. There are far more reasons why 2010 is better, and I would urge you to start a game ASAP (you will regret not starting earlier... :]).

As soon as my current game on 2009 turns sour I will get it.

Currently into my third Premiership season as AFC Wimbledon (2020-21) but I have had to sell half the team and buy new players, which probably will signal a major slump.

i accidentally deleted all of my files which was really frustrating as I was having a good run in with Montrose

I started a new game with Burnley and it proved to be very difficult, too many defensively minded players for my liking so I had a bit of a clear out. Got some good money for alexander, elliot, jensen, van der scharf and blake.

Then bought some good new players like Otamendi (2.8m), Sergi Krivets (300k), Atonin Kinsky (300k), Cosmin Contra (250k) and Jakob Poulsen (1m). Tried to make 4-4-2 work for me but it failed and I kept losing games in the last 5 minutes. I had a horrendous run of the top 9 times in a row, then the bottom 10 both times and was on the hand of some humpings. I took a big risk and changed formation to a 4-2-3-1 Deep lying set up with two dm's in front of the back four a la liverpool and I struggled on through and avoided relegation on the last day to come 17th.

In my second season and I am doing a bit better although going 3-0 up against liverpool and losing 4-3 was soooooooo frustrating. Into the Quarter finals of the cup and just beat Man Utd 3-1! I just dopwnloaded patch 2 and it has made a huge difference to conceding stupid goals and goals from 20 yard strikes from lampard, fabregas et al. Also signed a Mirel Radoi and the guy is an absolute rock.

got the bug rotten....

• 3 months later...

I just did a world first on FM, won every single competition I entered in a season even if some of them were a bit dinky! Playing as Benfica I won the Ligres Sagres, Champions League, European Super Cup, Portugese Super Cup, Portugese League Cup, Portugese FA Cup and the Club World Championship.

Only lost 2 games all season, unbeaten domestically but lost a couple in the champions league, nae complaining mind!

Have retired from the game for a while now!

Guest idol_wild

I'm still on FM09, and will be forever probably, because the gameplay is just so spot on.

I'm in my third season with Preston; won the Coca-Cola Championship in my first season, then finished 3rd in the Premier League and won the FA Cup in my second season.

Challenging for the Premier League halfway through the third and I won all my games in the Champions League group stage, but Man City just have so much financial clout and they end up buying almost literally everyone who is any good.

Just aswell I focus on youth. I only have 2 first team regulars over the age of 23. Most of my players are domestically based too, which is always nice.

I'm addicted again.

• 4 weeks later...