aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2010

delboy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else got the demo yet?

Loving it so far but the skin's pretty bowf (again). It's not been particularly nice to look at since 07, but I guess that can be fixed as soon as the graphics community get on the case.

I've got a pre-season friendly against the Glenn Hoddle Academy. Mint.

Anyone else got the demo yet?

Loving it so far but the skin's pretty bowf (again). It's not been particularly nice to look at since 07, but I guess that can be fixed as soon as the graphics community get on the case.

I've got a pre-season friendly against the Glenn Hoddle Academy. Mint.

I'm pretty sure I read they were putting on more than 1 skin this time. Even if they just give us a choice between a light and a dark skin that would be an improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

So what does everyone thing, is it only Del and i who have it already ?

First thoughts are its much faster, and I liek the additions to the 3d graphics, rain and crowds etc, finding the gameplay a bit tougher to get top grips with, possibly trying too much all at once, not as immediate as 09 imo but I might end uip liking it more given time,

So what does everyone thing, is it only Del and i who have it already ?

First thoughts are its much faster, and I liek the additions to the 3d graphics, rain and crowds etc, finding the gameplay a bit tougher to get top grips with, possibly trying too much all at once, not as immediate as 09 imo but I might end uip liking it more given time,

I think exactly the same. It's great. Loads of penalties against me though! Perhaps just the way I'm set up.

Guest idol_wild

Is there a multitude of bugs in this release, or does it seem to run fine? I usually wait to buy it in January and then download the update patches ironing out all the issues.

I'm enjoying it, got to the play off final first season with cambridge only to lose on pens, now ive thrown away a 9 point lead in second season and getting to that frustrated shouting at the screen calling the game a cunt stage! the tactics are as complex or simple as you want them to be I think, havent delved too deeply into them as I've assembled a squad capable of reaching the play offs. but need more work to make them champions I feel! still could do it with 9 games to go but form has been pretty ropey cant see me winning the title now.

Is there a multitude of bugs in this release, or does it seem to run fine? I usually wait to buy it in January and then download the update patches ironing out all the issues.

I've only found some very very minor bugs that don't affect the game.

When I've a transfer listed player on loan it gives the impression I've transfer listed the player.

It referred to me as league leaders when in fact I was 3rd in the table!

I've not had another penalty shoot since out but the two I had in the first season both went exactly the same way, so it may be coincidence! I was pissed off cos the second shoot out was in the BSP play off final!!!!

The tactics are extremely complex but there's a lot of help including a handy tactics creator, I did read somewhere they've designed it so the tactics can be as complex or simple as you want them.

The new features are brilliant - love the quick substitutions and touchline tactic changer. The meetings with your assistant are handy and there's some nice little new things like when you get your assistant to go look for a certain type of player on loan, you have the option to scout them all instantly.

And just won the BSP with Cambridge at the second attempt! can't speak for the 3D Stuff as my machine doesnt support it :(

It's mint. Runs fast as hell, the 3D match engine is much better, and I love the new tactics system. Makes it a heck of a lot easier to construct a tactic that you'd see in real life. Sliders begone.

Just started my Newcastle game. No money for transfers and none for wages, so I've punted a few youth players, brought in some frees and a couple of loans so bolster the squad, and I managed to punt Geremi! Good times. Ebi Smolarek on a free looks like an absolute snip.

a fantastic new feature is the way you arrange friendlies, I used to just let my assistant do it couldnt be arsed trying to organize games and the team wouldnt accept the friendly and having to go through each one individually, now you get a list of teams who will guarenteed accept a friendly! its just getting better and better!

and just won my first game in league 2 as well!

• 3 weeks later...

John Gemmell keeps getting labelled "God" by the media in my Montrose game. Love it.

Lower league management seems to be a heck of a lot more accessible this year. It's so much easier to make a simple, rigid tactic with the new tactics system. Top of the 3rd division with about 14 games left to play. Livingston started off amazingly, conceding just 2 in their first 12, but they've since gone on to ship another 15 since. Unlucky boys.

bought this after playing the demo. having a blast this season with montrose with young joran leyden being an absolute hero along with big gemmel. I havent lost at home but I am fucking dreadful away and concede lots of stupid goals! still sitting top by a few points!

Gemmel is an absolute machine. he's got something like 14 goals and 10 assists for me this season playing as a target man in a support role. Leyden is my super sub; seems to score every time he comes on, but the form of Ian Armstrong (some random free agent) is keeping him out of the team. Andrew McNeil keeps taking strops despite the fact that he's been in the first team all season and we're top of the league by a healthy margin, so I'm punting him in the summer. Moody bugger.

I signed some boy that used to play for Peterhead, Gilfillan or something? Awesome as a ball-winning midfielder.