aberdeen-music

I Pods

delboy

I've decided since I'm becoming fond of rambling in Thetford Forest that I really need to replace my ageing knackered MP3 player with an I Pod. Looking to spend around 100 quid, any ideas or suggestions most welcome as I have no clue about them at all!

cheers in advance!

If you spend an extra 70 or so, you'll have one big enough to fit your entire music collection on, if that's your thing?

The iPod touch seems to have far superior sound to the Classic and Nano's, but they are pricey. Totally worth it though. The Classic sounds like arse. I hate it, but it seems to be the only mass storage option nowadays.

A Nano would probably be what your after tbh, if it's only a thousand or so tracks you're going to be keeping on it i would suggest a shuffle as you can get a 2Gb for less than 50, but personally the fact theres no screen put me off somewhat.

you can get an 8Gb nano (the smallest capacity - roughly 2000 tracks) for just over 100 new, but if you have a look about you might be able to find one of the slightly older 4th Generation ones for cheaper, im sure with the new 5th Gen ones just come out a few weeks ago there should be retailers shifting them for cheap. The only major difference between 4G and 5G is the video camera they strapped on, and by the sounds of it thats not really what your needing it for!

Why do you want an ipod? 'cause everyone else has got een? I'd shop around tbh.

Advanced MP3 Players - the MP3 player experts

I bought an iRiver some years ago, 20GB for 90 (2nd hand). Still going strong, unlike most of my mates who have already replaced there iPods.

its funny you should say that cos last night i was thinking the same thing, i dont necessarily need an I Pod, actually happy using an MP3 player, cheers for the link :up:

I really like my sony nwz-s639f. Holds about 300 albums, battery life of 40 hours, good sound quality and you dont need to install anything on your computer to use it. You just drag the albums you want to put on it into a window that opens up when you plug it into your computer. Mine cost about 100 and I have had no problems with it at all.

I got some gift vouchers from work the other day and couldn't think of anything to spend them on so went shopping with no agenda and came home with one of these:

gogear-ariaz.jpg

Philips Gogear Ariaz

4gb, 30h battery life, proper buttons as opposed to those horrid touch screens and cheap to boot.

I've been through 3 ipods and it was beginning to get expensive and pointless getting them fixed/replaced so I've downgraded and so far so good. Really quick and easy to use, no software needed, a nice wee fm radio and voice recorder function which allows u to record directly from the radio (old skool!)

I paid 79 euros which means u'll probably be able to find it for thruppence ha'penny at asda or somewhere as everything here is over priced. I'll miss not having every bit of music/audio i own on the one device but I definitely won't miss the Apple protection/anti-piracy/money-grabbing thing whereby each ipod can be plugged into one computer only. Messing about with cracking software is probably what buggered my ipods in the first place.