aberdeen-music

Local bands worth checking...?

GraemeC

Geryy Jablonski is still on the go!

Other than that I honestly don't know what to advise that would fit within your criteria. All the bands I know are too cool for that mainstream shit :D

Perhaps my pointless response will bump this and someone can give you a better answer....

Thanks :) I would have suggested us if we still existed! Haven't played together for about 18 months. I suspect we raised the Aberdeen Pop-Rock bar so high that everyone else gave up.....

Cast of the Capitol and Indian Red Lopez are both fairly accomplished indie rock bands still on the go.

Thanks :) I would have suggested us if we still existed! Haven't played together for about 18 months. I suspect we raised the Aberdeen Pop-Rock bar so high that everyone else gave up.....

Cast of the Capitol and Indian Red Lopez are both fairly accomplished indie rock bands still on the go.

I might suggest that that bar has been set pretty high in the past, but theres nothing wrong with a bit of self praise.

Have you split or just not been bothering? seems a shame!

Me, me, me

I might suggest that that bar has been set pretty high in the past, but theres nothing wrong with a bit of self praise.

Have you split or just not been bothering? seems a shame!

Aye, the standards were set in the 90's/early2000's by such bands as Slipstream and the highly underrated Rubber Ring! (You were Slipstream's manager and put them and us [Rubber Ring] on a few times in Malt Mill no?)

I think Flaming Katy have split up. One member left and the rest of us haven't done anything since. Perhaps we're estranged?!

Aye, the standards were set in the 90's/early2000's by such bands as Slipstream and the highly underrated Rubber Ring! (You were Slipstream's manager and put them and us [Rubber Ring] on a few times in Malt Mill no?)

I think Flaming Katy have split up. One member left and the rest of us haven't done anything since. Perhaps we're estranged?!

Bloody hell.... thats a while ago!!

Wasnt really thinking of Slipstream, good as they were!! I did also manage Liber8/Alyssa's Wish who did set an example for others to follow....in my opinion:up:

Guest Gladstone
Son Henry...very accomplished!!

Most blues bands are so formulaic. Son's band always gives you something extra and unexpected. Usually a bit rockier at the Moorings, a bit more experimental at Drummonds. He has an occasional horn section too, I understand....... and the tones he gets from all that vintage gear..8-)