aberdeen-music

Funeral for a Friend + The Xcerts + Spycatcher, Thursday October 22nd @ Warehouse

I was at the back and over to the right of the stage and I thought the sound was pretty horrible, all bass and drums and could barely hear any guitar work. I also found the evening very "soulless" without quite being able to put my finger on why. I ended up leaving early as I got bored which I was suprised at as I have enjoyed seeing them previously. Those slidey floors are a bloody nightmare as well, twisted my knee which is giving me some serious gip today. Very strange mishmash of tunes between sets as well and earlier in the evening you wouldn't have thought the Bassment was a rock bar. All in all a very strange evening and being soaked to the skin didn't help.

Ah I can see that. The guitars weren't hugely loud even at the front so can see them being totally drowned out toward the back. The sticky carpet was much better than the new flooring :p

Yeah the songs between sets were weird, ranged from James Brown and the Jackson 5 to Van Halen and Iron Maiden. Wtf o_O

Didn't go into Bassment beforehand but during the FFAF dj set they were nowhere to be seen and was just dancey type music from what I can remember...

I pretty much agree with this post regarding last night.

Thankfully didn't twist my knee.

Just found the whole thing pretty underwhelming compared to previous times I've seen them.

Shite crowd too.

Hey ho, some you win, some you lose! Glad other folks had a good night :)

The crowd were OK at the front too. Interacting, singing along etc. Glad they weren't too rowdy. I'm a bit fed up of struggling to keep my feet the entire night at gigs :p It's fun at times but not every time.

Wish everyone had enjoyed the good sound etc though!

The music played between bands all night was chosen by FFAF. I thought the crowd on the dance floor looked like they were having a great time! Best circle pit I've ever seen in there! Xcerts rocked! FFAF sound was pretty poor from where I was standing.