aberdeen-music

Wikipedia's list of worst films ever made

Lemonade

How many of these shit sandwiches have you seen?

List of films considered the worst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't think "I Know Who Killed Me" was that bad, it was really just the backlash against Lindsay Lohan that earned it such poor reviews IMO. People just love to see people fail. And I don't remember Showgirls being THAT bad....

Which films would you add and which ones would you remove?

The Postman may have been shit but it wasn't as bad as Waterworld.... and really Batman & Robin should be on there. Awful.

Freddy Got Fingered deserves to be on there twice. It's one of the worst viewing experiences I've ever had.

And I liked Howard The Duck when I was a kid...

CNN's Paul Clinton called it "quite simply the worst movie ever released by a major studio in Hollywood history"
Roger Ebert gave the film a rare zero-stars rating and described the film's humor thus:

This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels...The day may come when Freddy Got Fingered is seen as a milestone of neo-surrealism. The day may never come when it is seen as funny.[3]

...I have to report that this motion picture is arguably the worst piece of cinematic crap I have ever experienced theatrically. Hyperbole, you wonder? I looked through my list of zero-star movies and couldn't find one entry (except the immortal Zombie! vs. Mardi Gras, which was a straight-to-video release) that ranked as more difficult to endure.

That's some pretty harsh reviews right there!

That's some pretty harsh reviews right there!

Definitely hinges on your sense of humour.

I love it because Tom Green was given millions of dollars to make a movie and I think he just thought OK, let's make the most ridiculous film ever with this money and see what we can get away with:

Wanking off a horse - check

Swinging new born baby around head with it's umbilical chord whilst a hispanic woman in the opposite bed chants and hits a tambourine whilst being splattered in blood - check

Whacking a disabled woman's legs as hard as possible with a cane to the point where she can "feel a tingle"....as a sexual act - check

The backwards man - check

Slicing open a dead moose's belly, getting inside the moose and flailing about for a minute or two before getting knocked down by a truck - check

The line "well, you could stick it in your bum bum! Put the cheeeeeese in your bum" - check....

The list goes on.

Me and my mate Mike may be the only people to have watched it in its entirety with Tom Green's audio commentary mind you. Are we?

Mac and Me (1988)

The film is about a young boy in a wheelchair, who meets and befriends an alien who has crash landed on earth. The decision to make the film was based on the success of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (the title itself, Mac and Me, comes from the working title for E.T. E.T. and Me.) and it served as little more than a vehicle to promote Coca-Cola and McDonald's. One scene in the film is a large, impromptu dance-off with the main character MAC the alien (dressed in a teddy bear costume), a football team, Ronald McDonald, and various other people inside and outside of a McDonald's restaurant. The film's cast list states "and Ronald McDonald as Himself." Mac and Me has a rating of 0 on Rotten Tomatoes and Leonard Maltin referred to it as "more like a TV commercial than a movie". Scott Weinberg of eFilmcritic.com called it "Quite possibly one of the worst movies of the past 435 years" and Marjorie Baumgarten of the Austin Chronicle called it a "shameless E.T. knockoff

I used to think I'd just had a weird ET/McDonalds influenced dream when I had memories of Mac and Me from when I was really young. Then I found out it had been a genuine film I'd seen. Brilliant.

Glen or Glenda (1953) - Brillaint, especially the completely incongruous Bela Lugosi intro "Bevare!, Bevare!"

Battlefield Earth (2000) - Worst major sci-fi/action movie ever.

Catwoman (2004) - Even Halle Berry in PVC can't save this mess

The Postman (1997) - An ego trip for the Costmeister. Pish

Spice World (1997) - Seen worse

Showgirls (1995) - Best worst sex scene ever. You MUST see this to believe it

Striptease (1996) - Just awful.

I haven't looked at the list, but is The Fast and the Furious on there? A genuinely horrible film that made a gargantuan amount of money that it really didn't warrant, probably written by a bunch of ned's who added the dialogue as a last minute addition once all the ridiculous car and chase scenes were plotted. Storyline was an afterthought, clearly. Bag of shite.

I really hated FGF. It has a few funny scenes, the bit when he's playing the piano with the strings tied to his fingers and sausages on the other end, that bit was funny.

That bit had me in tears for about 10 minutes, it's that genuinely funny and ridiculous.

But the rest, as you say, is a bit meh.

I haven't looked at the list, but is The Fast and the Furious on there? A genuinely horrible film that made a gargantuan amount of money that it really didn't warrant, probably written by a bunch of ned's who added the dialogue as a last minute addition once all the ridiculous car and chase scenes were plotted. Storyline was an afterthought, clearly. Bag of shite.

That's a bit harsh, I really like that film.

The Sweetest Thing should have been on there. Genuinely one of the worst film I've ever seen. It's like when they were writing it they just had a bunch of funny (and I use the word loosely) scenes in mind and no way of connecting them, it's just a series of set-pieces loosely taped together. As a result the film makes almost no sense. Also it has dialogue so bad it could have been written by a dog eating a dictionary and shitting the words out one by one.

The Sweetest Thing should have been on there. Genuinely one of the worst film I've ever seen. It's like when they were writing it they just had a bunch of funny (and I use the word loosely) scenes in mind and no way of connecting them, it's just a series of set-pieces loosely taped together. As a result the film makes almost no sense. Also it has dialogue so bad it could have been written by a dog eating a dictionary and shitting the words out one by one.

Yes I'll go with that assessment, truly one of the worst films I have ever endured, tidy eye candy or not. I can't believe SOMEONE didn't stop and realise what utter crap it was they were making.

I thought 'Freddie Got Fingered' was garbage, watched it after my other half insisted it was wonderful, just didn't see it myself. But then Tom Green veers between hilarious and inane a lot of the time from what I've seen. I did like the thing he did on TV where he had an explicit lesbian love scene painted on the hood of his Dad's car overnight and his Dad refused to drive the car in the morning so went to get a bus and Tom drove the car up to the bus stop in front of loads of folk and started asking 'Dad, why aren't you taking the slut-mobile to work?'

I remember seeing 'Spice World', it was pretty much what you would expect from a film starring the Spice GirlsI wouldn't say it was a bad film per se, just a bad concept, shoe-horning a girl band into a film to take advantage of popularity is never destined for greatness. I don't think it was really planned with adults in mind.other than dirty old men who are happy to watch baby Spice regardless of the dialogue coming out of her mouth.

'Basic Instinct' is quality! Michael Douglas clubbing in a V-neck pullover and calling a lesbian named Roxy Rocky! What's to dislike?

Agreed. I walked out of the cinema...

I watched it all the way through, but only because from the ages of 14-19 I was absolutely obsessed with Alicia Silverstone, and seeing her in a PVC catsuit (or batsuit I suppose) made me come over all funny.

Everything about that film was fucking horrible though. Batgirl herself was an awful idea. And the puns. So. Many. Puns.

"You are not taking me to the cooler"

That's a bit harsh, I really like that film.

I really can't think of a film I enjoyed less. I too share your extreme dislike for Freddy Got Fingered, but I'd rather watch that on repeat for a fortnight than Vin Diesel driving cars.

Vin's best film is the Pacifier. Hard man looking after babies. You can't make that stuff up.

Definitely hinges on your sense of humour.

Me and my mate Mike may be the only people to have watched it in its entirety with Tom Green's audio commentary mind you. Are we?

No!!!

"I'm the number one son!" "Gonna make you so proud, daddy - get out the fucking way!!"

It's the treasure - the hidden treasure. Being chucked through the shower dressed in a fucking wetsuit!

"I'm 28 years old - I should be able to eat a chicken saahntwitch! in my own house"

Licking his mate's ravaged knee on the half - pipe!

Mr Davidson's wife is dead!

Dressing up like an "English bobby" Pulling out the gun!!!

Supercat can "see the bad guys" but only through wood! Talking beavers!

Too many to mention - A truly amazing film!!!!

• Upvote 1

No!!!

"I'm the number one son!" "Gonna make you so proud, daddy - get out the fucking way!!"

It's the treasure - the hidden treasure. Being chucked through the shower dressed in a fucking wetsuit!

"I'm 28 years old - I should be able to eat a chicken saahntwitch! in my own house"

Licking his mate's ravaged knee on the half - pipe!

Mr Davidson's wife is dead!

Dressing up like an "English bobby" Pulling out the gun!!!

Supercat can "see the bad guys" but only through wood! Talking beavers!

Too many to mention - A truly amazing film!!!!

I only see one LeBaron Freddie. Where's your LeBaron Freddie? Hmm? Hmm?

Are you Dave Davidson?

I'm a woman!

Ok, did I ask what sex you were?

No.

OK, Did I ask if you were Dave Davidson........

Not to mention the mindless pain inflicted upon his neighbour's kid!

Get inside the animals Marsh......

• Upvote 1