aberdeen-music

goosebumps

fatboy

I prefer to call them transcendental moments, but then I'm obsessed with my own verbiage*. Theres hunners, but 2 of my faves are; Diamond Head 'Am I Evil?'- the whole solo, but specifically the held feedback note at the very end of the solo, see also a feedback bit in the 'Knight of the Swords' solo, and the Portishead mix of 'The Time Has Come' by U.N.K.L.E.-the drum break coming out of the breakdown near the end. Oh yeah, and more. Lots of 80s metal solos actually have my fave bits, no surprise when you consider how utterly charmless many of the vocalists were.

Ooh, also the mariachi horns on 'South of the Border' by Rock City Angels, and the first solo on 'Marquee Moon'.

*I was going to say pretentious, til I thought; ' No, I definitely mean it and am not pretending'

the welsh national anthem. it's wierd. sometimes the italian one too.

i can't think of any 'proper' music that has done that recently.

p.s. maybe the other day in the car when the sun was setting and I was listening to Divine Circuitry by Archives and the last bit that's all like "We walk the line with damnation". It was a good journey.

It's a very love/hate album. Devin wrote it for himself. If you want his multi-layered epic stuff, this isn't it.

I love the tension/release aspect of the album, he builds you up to breaking point then knocks you down deliciously. Its fantastically done, a true craftsman.

I agree, if you're wanting some of his epic stuff then go for Ziltoid or Ocean Machine