aberdeen-music

goosebumps

fatboy

I love music that gives me goosebumps. Some of my favourites include -

Sigur Ros - Untitled 3 from ( ). Absolutely beautiful track. Love how it builds. Andvari from Takk is another one. Talking of Sigur Ros, Jonsi's Riceboy Sleeps project is lovely. There's a track called All The Big Trees in particular.

Red House Painters - Funhouse. The bit when that heavy bit comes out of no where. Love it. So many other RHP tracks as well. Strawberry Hill, Katy Song, Byrd Joel, River, Smokey etc.

Aereogramme - In Gratitude, Will You Still Find Me, Motion, Conscious Life For Coma Boy, loads more.

The Cure - Plainsong

Bat For Lashes - Siren Song, Bats Mouth.

Brian Eno - Another Green World

Other bands/artists that have tracks that give me goosebumps include Onelinedrawing, American Football, Kate Bush, Sun Kil Moon, M83, Low and many more.

Andvari from Takk is another one.

This is one I was going to mention, the strings at the end are fantastic. I'd also say Von and Hafsol from the Sigur Ros album Hvarf-Heim.

One that always gets me is the ending of the Jeff Buckley version of Hallelujah when he really opens up the vocals. Brilliant stuff.

Coheed and Cambria - Backend of Foverever - Just the last bit after the chorus, mega emo , but ace.

Devin Townsend - Funeral - whole thing

Bjork - Mouth's Cradle - When the choir vocals finally reach that root note.

Sikth - Skies of the Millenium night - That end riff

Pink Floyd - Echoes - that awesome massive bit before it goes back in to thte first bit (chex my techni talk)

Kayo dot - Manifold Curiosity - the slow creep from mellow music into grindcore.

Pig Destroyer - Towering flesh

I'll stop there.

Biffy Clyro - all the way down prologue, chapter 1. After the it drops and the vocals come in "So i try not to breathe..." 5 mins 6 seconds.

This was particularly sexual in december 2005 at the vertigo of bliss night at king tuts. I just sort of stood there and let the music wash over me. Sounds pretty gay when i type it....but it fucking ruled.

Also - untitled 8 by sigur ros. When it gets all huge.

With Aplomb - Biffy Clyro. The part where the violins come in. This reminds me of a summer in 2006. I had just climbed the 2nd biggest volcano in south america. I put this song in my earphones and admired the most amazing view I have ever seen.

Guest Gladstone

I'm going to get slated for this on here, but fuck it...

Daddy's Gone by Glasvegas gets me every time....

Also: Local Boy in the Photograph by Stereophonics (because of something that happened when I was a young lad)

That Plain White T's song about Delilah (again, down to a personal experience)

(I'm now going to quietly leave)

I still need to buy that.

Its a great album like. Addicted which is the second part of the project is out next month. It's supposed to be heavier than Ki, and its also got a reworked version of Hyperdrive from Ziltoid the Omnicient on it, which I just can't wait to hear!

Definitely get Ki though, its magic!

Adagio For Strings by Tiesto. Not only because it's absolutely fucking epic, but it also reminds me of the most amazing holiday of my entire life. In fact probably the best week of my life. Shivers down the spine every time.

Yeah, that's a good 'un. I also like Sasha - Xpander and I'm really not one for tr*nce.

*ooh, and if you liked the Tiesto remix of the William Orbit rework of Adagio for Strings you should check out the Clockwork Orange rework Tiesto did. There's also another version by Cygnus X which I feel is superior but the Tiesto one is more bangin'.

I'm now leaving this thread as I can no longer stomach my praise for Tiesto.