aberdeen-music

New Muse album

Hog

Having not listened to it all the way through properly and only heard bits from flatmates playing it my thoughts (well more obsevations) are:

1) Queen should be looking for royalty money for any sales of 'Eurasia'

2) There's a song that sounds like New Born (the riff) backwards which is quite cool and has a big metal-as-fuck (for muse anyway) outro.

3) The first single that sounds like Billy Idol isn't very good.

4) Theres one that sounds like Kylie that sounded like they were going for the 'Supermassive Black Hole' vibe again, it made me laugh. Not in a good way.

5) What I've heard doesn't really make me want to investigate any further.

6) Bellamy may of finally been completely ingested up his own rectum.

I've liked them (indeed, loved them) since the original Muscle Museum E.P. but this new album is where the loving stops. Terrible album. Listened to it heaps and just can't get into it.

Maybe I love the bombastic riffage too much but this just sounds like plagarism and attempts to confuse the audience. Rush, Billy Idol and especially Queen should indeed be getting royalties for this. It sounds like a wind up in places - almost as if they're in the studio going "people will actually take this seriously!" Writing about conspiracy theories which are clearly untrue is getting really boring too.

Still an amazingly good live band, but I'm just nae sold on this nonsense. Back to the drawing board, Mr Bellamy...

I haven't heard it yet. I'm a ginormous Muse fan (which you can probably tell if you ever listen to Cobra Kai) and have been for years but their last album was a huge disappointment, a lot of it was just pseudo-disco pish, and there weren't many good songs on it (though I loved Knight Of Cydonia). It's really put me off buying the new one.

I quite liked Black Holes and Revelations... but the version I have on my i-pod excludes the following:

Invincible

City of Delusion

Hoodoo

The album is shit loads better with them knocked off. It turns it into an awesome mini-album.

The new album is still pants compaired to the un-sharoned version of Black Holes and Revelations, let alone my uber version.

that song fucking boils my pish because it has such a bitching solo on it! Angers me that i have to listen to that whining to hear the solo!

Basically I think that matt has run out of ideas. Shame... He's talented but it's a rip off album. Anyone else think the midge ure should sue muse for " guiding light"?

Sorry matt, your not the king of epic, Devy is and he can make an album for a fraction of what you spend. Muse are now bloated and vulgar.

Freddy mercury would turn in his grave and enya is probably laughing

Basically I think that matt has run out of ideas. Shame... He's talented but it's a rip off album. Anyone else think the midge ure should sue muse for " guiding light"?

Sorry matt, your not the king of epic, Devy is and he can make an album for a fraction of what you spend. Muse are now bloated and vulgar.

Freddy mercury would turn in his grave and enya is probably laughing

Haha, that made me giggle.