aberdeen-music

X Factor Format = Shit

sross90

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never thought it was anything but a fix and carefully planned. This 4 judges to have the casting vote is an utter nonsense cos it always swings 2-2 and then ITV can just make up who they want to go through. Piss bored with it anyway. and something should be done to stop the x factor getting the xmas number one every year, its completely unfair and has ruined what used to be the most fantastic chart of the year.

i did read today that a collaboration between rolf harris and rick parfitt is going to have a bash at dislodging whatever crap cover the x factor is doing this year, now that would be fantastic if they could do it but we all know it wont!

and now this fucking new fangled idea of cowell's to do a charidee single, jesus cant he just donate some of his millions instead of putting us through another terrible poor thought out cover???

i shall cheer myself up now by listening to some early sonic youth i think!

X factor is not a talent show, it's a tv show. Here's how it works. A year before the public auditions, secret pre auditions are held. Various managers, promoters, stage schools, drama schools ect put forward their up and coming graduates and protges. They all sign confidentiality contracts. These people are auditioned and the 12 acts that will be the finalists are selected. Then the filming of the public auditions takes place. Here they dig out all the wierdos and delusional wannabes to put in fromt of "the judges". There are also a block of decent singers (the best ones have sick mothers or are poor or have been abused) put in just to be rejected later on. No one who goes through the public auditions has the slightest chance of winning. It's all a fix from start to finish. Even the public vote can be manipulated, as anyone with a brain can tell from this latest series.

But that's cool with you, right? Selling out is something only school children and gypsies believe in etc etc.

I enjoy watching the X-Factor. Never have before this year, but living with your missus does that to you. As an entertainment program, it's pretty damn good. The only issue I have with this is that I'm very much against the whole idea of it, but it just draws me in every week. There are some fantastic performers on it, Olly/Danyl/Stacey are all great singers. Hopefully Olly will win as he seems to be the only one with an entertaining personality on it though.

Yet this is what I listen to for at least 50% of the time that I am listening to music:

make of this what you will

and now this fucking new fangled idea of cowell's to do a charidee single, jesus cant he just donate some of his millions instead of putting us through another terrible poor thought out cover???

They did it last year as well.

Though this year's one seems particularly distastefull. Why did they think it was a good idea to raise money for a children's charity by doing a Michael Jackson cover ??(

They did it last year as well.

Though this year's one seems particularly distastefull. Why did they think it was a good idea to raise money for a children's charity by doing a Michael Jackson cover ??(

lol I never thought of that!!!! cos jackson songs still sell I suppose and cowell can get away with just about anything...

i've watched it in the past but am totally piss bored with the whole thing now, there's actually much better ways of spending your time than watching what is essentially a bunch of kareoke singers doing poor covers. The rise of jedward was a neat trick to keep interest alive though, same with susan boyle on britains got talent. credit to the powers that be for finding ways to keep the public interested!

That's a cracking theory. Where did you hear/learn that?

Genuinely interested - do you have any source on that?

Other than the fact it's the worst kept secret in the industy (you know the one where selling out doesn't exist!!! Save me from amateurs!) I have an act on my books who was up for the pre auditions and I went through the paperwork with her and her manager. She was so horrified she pulled out (not on my advice, that of her manager)

And no I won't post her name up here.

Is there any difference between x factor and Britons got a lack of talent?

It has always made me sick to the teeth when there is always the bullshit SOB story that the brainwashed public lap it up.

Fucking repulses me.

Facebook hasn't been the same... No I don't want to read about jedward or any of that pap. I quite enjoy reading about how miserable people are.

Back to leading my own flock into eternal blind ignorance.

Rant over.

Do tell more. Why horrified? What was in the paperwork? A sub clause to play with Cowells balls?

More or less.

Lots of gagging clauses. No talking to anyone about pre auditions or who's at the pre auditions, no media contact, if selected for the tv auditions your song would be picked for you, unlimited editing allowed (so they can create a back story. you know the kind of thing, single parent, mum dying, used to take drugs sort of stuff).

Syco has total artist control of music, image, gigs, engagements, press releases.

Basically, syco owns you. One interesting clause was an equity/musicians union waiver suggesting that this kind of slavery may be frowned upon by them.

It was interesting recently that an x factor spokesman actually admitted that Jedward had been pre auditioned in Ireland prior to their audition with cowell.

So much for the conspiracy theory.

It was interesting recently that an x factor spokesman actually admitted that Jedward had been pre auditioned in Ireland prior to their audition with cowell.

I'd heard this too, probably from some tabloid or other. The more interesting thing is the muted response to it by the public - they are fully aware of the fixed nature of the audition process. It's been covered by some of the broadsheets as well. Yet there's been little or no real reaction to this. There is a limited (VERY limited) competition aspect to X Factor, so maybe they don't care as long as it's entertaining.

Guest Gladstone
I'd heard this too, probably from some tabloid or other. The more interesting thing is the muted response to it by the public - they are fully aware of the fixed nature of the audition process. It's been covered by some of the broadsheets as well. Yet there's been little or no real reaction to this. There is a limited (VERY limited) competition aspect to X Factor, so maybe they don't care as long as it's entertaining.

The reason there has been little or no response is that the majority of people who are totally into X Factor either:

1. can't read
  2. don't read newspapers
  3. don't ever watch the news
  4. don't believe that anything could possibly be fixed in the X Factor and it is all down to the public vote, and if they phone 3,000 times to vote for whichever singing monkey they choose to vote for, it will make an important difference to the world.

The reason there has been little or no response is that the majority of people who are totally into X Factor either:

1. can't read
  2. don't read newspapers
  3. don't ever watch the news
  4. don't believe that anything could possibly be fixed in the X Factor and it is all down to the public vote, and if they phone 3,000 times to vote for whichever singing monkey they choose to vote for, it will make an important difference to the world.

Unfortunately I don't think this is true, as ALL the fucking newspapers and news bulletins go on about it. Even the broadsheets covered bloody Jedward. :down:

The main problem is the misconception about x factor. In reality, it's a tv light entertainment show not a genuine singing competition. But too many of todays' quick fix instant fame crowd think it's an easy shortcut to celebrity, without all the bother of learning your trade and building a reputation over several years.

The main problem is the misconception about x factor. In reality, it's a tv light entertainment show not a genuine singing competition. But too many of todays' quick fix instant fame crowd think it's an easy shortcut to celebrity, without all the bother of learning your trade and building a reputation over several years.

but it kinda is a quick fix instant fame for some with a suitable background story & awful vocals, gets them on the telly which is one of their main goals, another being the delusion of them (& all their family/friends) that they were any good & going to progress... so most have a no-lose situation, as even if they are awful at least they got on the telly.

i mean i had the unfortunate experience of seeing a bit of "the xtra factor" a while back and it was still giving coverage to that old lady with the dog that couldn't sing from auditions, guess that show struggles for content!