aberdeen-music

X Factor Format = Shit

sross90

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say the tears level amongst the males is getting stupid. as is contestants repeatedly going on about how bad they want it and how its their dream. get a fucking life you losers.

I hope big afro Jamie wins cos he's slogged his arse round shit pubs and clubs over the years and deserves a break. Although if he did win the moment he mentions 'doing his own songs' is the moment Cowell dumps him!

• 2 weeks later...
Plus it used to be a total shock to the shit ones when the judges told them they couldn't sing, but now everybody boos them as soon as they start so they know what to expect.

It's still a shock to the shit ones when they'r booed + the judges tell them their crap! They go through a few auditions with production staff etc. before they do the audition you see on tele. Evidently, they're told, "You're really good - you're through to the next round," by the production staff off air, then they're told their shit on TV.. bit cruel, like!!

I know a few folk who've been to the auditions..

Read the bbc news article here BBC NEWS | Entertainment | What happens at an X Factor audition?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gladstone

Jesus fuck. Did anyone see X Factor last night?

I caught 3 performances. The girl who sang first - the one trying to be "sexy" and looking really uncomfortable all the way through. The guy with the massive hair (Jamie?).

And....

John and Edward.

Holy. Shit.

It was probably the best thing I have ever seen on X Factor - I hope they win, and I actually think they might win. I'd love it if Cowell had to give them a 1 million record deal.

I am glad that pub rocker cunt is gone, saucy haired bastard.

Yeh he was starting to bore the shit out of me, there's only so many times you can watch a man in his thirties bounce around to Virgin Radio's playlist. Stacey with her lovely big gums is still my favourite, but I miss Rachel and her Grace Jones meets Flock of Seagulls hair.

I can't understand why so many people hate the X-Factor passionately like it's the Nuremberg Rallies presented by Rose and Fred West. It's just a fucking singing competition on the telly.

Yeh he was starting to bore the shit out of me, there's only so many times you can watch a man in his thirties bounce around to Virgin Radio's playlist. Stacey with her lovely big gums is still my favourite, but I miss Rachel and her Grace Jones meets Flock of Seagulls hair.

I can't understand why so many people hate the X-Factor passionately like it's the Nuremberg Rallies presented by Rose and Fred West. It's just a fucking singing competition on the telly.

It's not so much the show. It's the fact that every fucker goes on and on about it as if it actually matters.

It's not so much the show. It's the fact that every fucker goes on and on about it as if it actually matters.

Exactly! I've been chanting that mantra about X-Factor and every other "talent" show for as long as I can remember.

Take away the big stage production, the professional dancers and backing vox, the celebrity advisors and what do you have? a glorified karaoke night with some better than average singers.

The Queen special was pitiful and any lingering respect I had for Brian May as a guitarist flew right out the window the minute he opened his simpering mouth and patronised yet another deluded hopeful.

Can't we return to the days when acts were wheeled on with the minimum of hyperbole? - "Nigel from Croydon is going to sing 'Silver Lady' for us" *polite applause*

The song was sung, the audience clapped, then Nigel fucked off back to Croydon and got on with his job at the Halifax. Occasionally, just occasionally, one or two of them made it briefly, but for the most part, those who appeared on the show saw it for what it was either 15 minutes worth of "The Dream" or a leg up for their make-a-living social club circuit career.

Now, it's R Kelly songs and that replusive American-style whooping and screaming at 60's Beatles volumes - and quite often for acts that haven't even song a single note yet!

Ach......

It's still a shock to the shit ones when they'r booed + the judges tell them their crap! They go through a few auditions with production staff etc. before they do the audition you see on tele. Evidently, they're told, "You're really good - you're through to the next round," by the production staff off air, then they're told their shit on TV.. bit cruel, like!!

I know a few folk who've been to the auditions..

Read the bbc news article here BBC NEWS | Entertainment | What happens at an X Factor audition?

I heard about this too.... I'm surprised a bigger deal isn't made of it. Pretty harsh to intentionally let bad people through while telling them they are good just so they can be crushed in front of the judges later for TV entertainment.

Its just like Corrie or Easties really - its a soap opera. Its not really about music. its about drama/bickering/cliff hangers.

Think the actual singing competition aspect (such as it was) went down the cludgie years ago.

And Brian May looks pretty knackered these days. Roger Taylor looked more awake and he's got fucking white hair.

I heard about this too.... I'm surprised a bigger deal isn't made of it. Pretty harsh to intentionally let bad people through while telling them they are good just so they can be crushed in front of the judges later for TV entertainment.

well the wannabe stars can't really believe that they actually have any talent! oh hang on, they actually do because their friends and family told them they're the next big thing when sozzled to the max at the local kareoke night! yes its cruel but if these people are stupid enough to not know they can't sing in tune then they deserve everything cowell throws at them!

i watched it this week because it was queen songs and they were predictably ruined. taylor and may just can't stop flogging the good name of queen can they? didnt think they'd go lower as when they did their embarrasing uncle at a wedding routine with five a few years ago! its not like they need the cash or publicity is it?

big respect to john deacon for having the dignity to stay away from it all!

They're trying to turn it more into American Idol e.g. the group sing-a-longs which are pretty pitiful and the huge stage productions!!

Olly is my favourite because he is the only one that is actually entertaining me. Jedward don't count.

Anyway, it won't affect my music listening as I won't be buying anything that is released but it's half decent Saturday night tv. Although in saying that they'll probably ruin another song that'll then become Christmas number 1!

X factor is not a talent show, it's a tv show. Here's how it works. A year before the public auditions, secret pre auditions are held. Various managers, promoters, stage schools, drama schools ect put forward their up and coming graduates and protges. They all sign confidentiality contracts. These people are auditioned and the 12 acts that will be the finalists are selected. Then the filming of the public auditions takes place. Here they dig out all the wierdos and delusional wannabes to put in fromt of "the judges". There are also a block of decent singers (the best ones have sick mothers or are poor or have been abused) put in just to be rejected later on. No one who goes through the public auditions has the slightest chance of winning. It's all a fix from start to finish. Even the public vote can be manipulated, as anyone with a brain can tell from this latest series.

Guest Gladstone
X factor is not a talent show, it's a tv show. Here's how it works. A year before the public auditions, secret pre auditions are held. Various managers, promoters, stage schools, drama schools ect put forward their up and coming graduates and protges. They all sign confidentiality contracts. These people are auditioned and the 12 acts that will be the finalists are selected. Then the filming of the public auditions takes place. Here they dig out all the wierdos and delusional wannabes to put in fromt of "the judges". There are also a block of decent singers (the best ones have sick mothers or are poor or have been abused) put in just to be rejected later on. No one who goes through the public auditions has the slightest chance of winning. It's all a fix from start to finish. Even the public vote can be manipulated, as anyone with a brain can tell from this latest series.

That's a cracking theory. Where did you hear/learn that?

Genuinely interested - do you have any source on that?

Interesting. Were you aware that Simon Cowell was seen on the grassy knoll in Dallas in November 1963?