aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
R.Borlax

music vid......

Hate to dig up and old thread, but it's seems this song was meant to be an entry for the upcoming Eurovision song contest.

MOLVANIA DISQUALIFIED FROM EUROVISION!

The tiny Eastern European republic of Molvania was disqualified from the Eurovision Song Contest this year.

Zladko Zlad Vladcik was to perform his very popular techno-ballad' date=' Elektronik Supersonik - described as a melodic fusion combining hot disco rhythms with cold war rhetoric.

However, the 23-year-old singer was arrested at Istanbuls Ataturk International Airport and immediately deported. While Eurovision does not normally test for recreational drugs, unfortunately for Vladcik, Turkish Customs do.

On his return, Zlad apologised to everyone in Molvania for letting them down, especially his family, his friends and his dealer.[/quote']

I bet it would have won as well.

Theres even a breif history of Zlad, a selction of links to the music video, and an mp3 of the song. :up:

And yes, I do have too much time on my hands.

And the world fretted in fear at that man existing...

I guess the video really was drug-induced! I personally would have liked to see them battling against Xena the Warrior Princess for the right to win the event.

The story of how he became famous is even funnier. He won a competition called Molvanian Idol (which I'm presuming is of the same nature as all that people idol shite) by defult after the guy he was competing against was unable to continue due to a sore throat. The sore throat was induced by one of the judges strangling him :laughing: