aberdeen-music

Boss BR600 + Alesis iO14 Firewire

Huw

Looking for a new recording tool (Zoom r16), so here goes!

Boss BR600

About 2 years old now I think. Still in decent nick. Comes with upgraded 1gb compact flash and original 32 MB one too. Last one went for 130 on here, so would be looking for around that. Bought for 200. Comes in soft case. Will chuck in the orginal xlr to 1/4" adapter and the other one I bought.

Here's what Boss have to say; BR-600 | BR Digital Recording Gears

Alesis iO14 Firewire

Really great firewire interface at a reasonable price. 4 xlr in mic preamps onboard and it can be connected via ADAT to another set of preamps for up to 14 channels simultaneous recording (e.g. Behringer ADA8000 for another 8 mic preamps.)

Because it is firewire all these channels will be recorded separately not just on a mono/stereo track as is the case with USB interfaces.

Firewire cable included. Looking for about the same as the BR600.

As always, open to offers.

Thanks!

the boss is tempting for laying down ideas at practice

Srsly man, if you get a decent sounding room (square, with a little bit of acoustic spongy stuff - so nothing special, a tom's room basically) and an ok sounding kit you can get some good demos. Especially useful if you have a drummer/bassist/guitarist with a knack for forgetting beats/plods/licks.

Import and export is super easy too. I used the import to lay down some demo vocals for a metal band and they turned out ok, imported some accapella hip hop beats too and rapped over it too. It was amazing. The export is just a case of connecting it then a drag and drop. It's imported as WAV so easily convertible to mp3 etc.

The built in condensors punch well above their weight. good room mics, like i say. Have a think about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Mega gutted I dont have the money to buy the Alesis, got a new PC for Christmas and a Behringer USB interface (:|) to do for now, but looking to upgrade... Keep it on hold for me for a week?

Cheers.

Mike.

doesn't seem to be going anywhere, so yeah!

Mega gutted I dont have the money to buy the Alesis, got a new PC for Christmas and a Behringer USB interface (:|) to do for now, but looking to upgrade... Keep it on hold for me for a week?

Cheers.

Mike.

Does that mean you will be up in Aberdeen for a piss up soon? Sounds good if it does!

Note to everyone else.... look at his location ;)