aberdeen-music

COPY HAHO - NEW SINGLE - OCTOBER 19th

RF Scott

Hiya,

We're releasing a new single on October 19th, for those who might be interested. It's limited to 500 7"s, info on download to come shortly I'd imagine. It was recorded last Monday and Tuesday at Chem19 in Hamilton, Scotland, and mastered on Wednesday at Abbey Road in London, England. It was a hectic few days involving planes trains and automobiles.

I'm pretty lazy, so I've pasted the press release...

COPY HAHO

WRONG DIRECTION

LIMITED 7 RELEASED OCTOBER 19th 2009

Too Pures rebirth as a monthly singles label is now well into its second year and their next installment shows theyve not lost any of their verve for seeking out new artists. With every record limited to just 500 copies and each one, without fail, selling out day of release, this one wont be in the shops for long.

Copy Haho are a band from a town in Scotland called Stonehaven. No complaints about small town life - its nice, you should visit. The town boasts an impressive castle, and is also the birthplace of the founder of the BBC, the inventor of the pneumatic tyre and fountain pen.

The band Joe, Rikki, Stuart and Richard are friends from school who like to make guitar-based pop music. Justified references have been made to seminal American indie rock, as well as comparisons closer to home with similarities drawn with the Chemikal Underground heyday, for instance.

Last year, they released two limited 7 singles (Bookshelf and You Are My Coal Mine both championed by the likes of Steve Lamacq, Huw Stephens and Vic Galloway, among others) and earlier this year, they released the Bred For Skills And Magic EP on Big Scary Monsters, which also coincided with them recording a marvelous Maida Vale session for Radio 1. This single is being put out to coincide with a busy period of touring, with them playing shows across the UK with both Los Campesinos! this October and then Good Shoes in November.

DATES WITH LOS CAMPESINOS! & SPARKY DEATHCAP

October 21st Coventry Kasbah, 22nd Southampton Joiners Arms, 23rd Exeter Phoenix,

24th Cardiff The Gate (as part of SWN Festival), 26th Manchester The Deaf Institute,

28th London Garage, 29th Oxford Zodiac, 30th Leeds Cockpit, 31st Glasgow King Tuts.

DATES WITH GOOD SHOES

November 16th Stoke Sugarmill, 18th Wrexham Central Station,19th Leeds Cockpit 2,

21st Doncaster Priory, 23rd York Fibbers, 24th Glasgow King Tuts, 25th Dundee Dexters,

26th Edinburgh Electric Circus, 27th Newcastle Digital.

FOR PRESS, PLEASE CONTACT PAUL @ TOO PURE

0208 870 9912 / paulriddlesworth@toopure.com

Too Pure Singles Club: It's back! New and improved... / COPY HAHO on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

---

9735_142366546715_10224111715_3115824_3824610_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...