aberdeen-music

Real Ale Pubs in Aberdeen

kirkt

What places can you get a good pint of real ale from in Aberdeen? Places I know of are:

The Moorings Bar

Old School House

The Howff

Prince of Wales

Blackfriars

The Tilted Wig

Ma Camerons

Carriages

McGinty's Meal 'N'Ale

The Foundry

Justice Mill

The Globe

The Queen Vic

Archibald Simpsons

Always interested to know if there is any other pubs worth investigating...

The Blue Lamp always has a guest ale. I only go in on Saturdays before the football but always have at least one or two ales and there are often some nice ones.

Also think Five were looking to bring in some ales, not sure if that ever happened but remember there being a thread about it several months ago.

Cool, Blue Lamp is near Musical Vision...a plan is forming!

I think Five just has bottled ales as far as I know

While I'm thinking about it I usually go into the lounge, which isn't always open. I would imagine they have the ales in the main bar as well but can't remember as I've only been into that bit a couple of times. That said, there is a cracking free jukebox in the main bar full of classic old school records, you have to gather round to listen mind you as it isn't hooked up to any other speakers.

If Brew Dog pull that one off, I fear my impending transfer from Shire to City may prove to be the end of me.

I'm doing the opposite transfer. Damn.

On the plus side my new house will have enough room for me to try brewing my own beer :up:

But a brew dog pub would be awesome.

I'm doing the opposite transfer. Damn.

On the plus side my new house will have enough room for me to try brewing my own beer :up:

But a brew dog pub would be awesome.

ha, i was just talking to heather about this at dinner. if we have enough room on our next house that i'd like to try brewing my own beer.

bagsy a bottle or two if it's any good.