aberdeen-music

Mobile Reviews

DJ Jo-D

I'm due an upgrade and looking at my options....does anyone have anything to say about the following phones...they all seem quite similar in memory, size and camera...

Sony W995

LG Renoir

Samsung i8510

I am used to LG's had about 4 of them, great reception, reliable and trust them. My phone just now is the LG Viewty U990 touch screen thingy-ma-jigger... touchscreen is ok and I am not bothered either way in having another.....so....

Any reviews appreciated, thanks in advance :up:

I got the sony one recently. It's no Iphone obviously but you can call people on it and store plenty of photos/music. Long battery life, which I always look for in a phone. Um you can go on youtube which is cool, I've used this in soul band practice when learning new covers and there is no CD. It's also Skype enabled, I'm with 3 so this is a good thing, you can make free skype calls or something - I've yet to work this out. Oh yeah and it came with the contract so no forking out of extra money to get it. Decent, easy enough to use software for storing all of your numbers and backing up pictures on your computer.

I really must be trying to avoid work by replying to this thread.

I'm sure it is, but I really wouldn't fancy jailbreaking a phone a month or two before it moves from O2 exculsive to T-Mobile for 55 odd plus 30 a month for 24 months, or get one of the three phones mentioned for free plus exsisting contract on network desired.

Just because you are a jesus phone lover, doesn't mean everyone else has to be, or wants to be.

I got the sony one recently. It's no Iphone obviously but you can call people on it and store plenty of photos/music. Long battery life, which I always look for in a phone. Um you can go on youtube which is cool, I've used this in soul band practice when learning new covers and there is no CD. It's also Skype enabled, I'm with 3 so this is a good thing, you can make free skype calls or something - I've yet to work this out. Oh yeah and it came with the contract so no forking out of extra money to get it. Decent, easy enough to use software for storing all of your numbers and backing up pictures on your computer.

I really must be trying to avoid work by replying to this thread.

Thanks this is the kind thing I was looking for...soemthing with reason behind it!

I have the W995 - Love it.

2 up for the sony...it's in the lead

Just don't feel like i need an Iphone, with having my laptops and then having to frok out money for it also

I am with 3 too, so be a case of getting an upgrade for me and a free phone

I'm due an upgrade and looking at my options....does anyone have anything to say about the following phones...they all seem quite similar in memory, size and camera...

Sony W995

LG Renoir

Samsung i8510

I am used to LG's had about 4 of them, great reception, reliable and trust them. My phone just now is the LG Viewty U990 touch screen thingy-ma-jigger... touchscreen is ok and I am not bothered either way in having another.....so....

Any reviews appreciated, thanks in advance :up:

I have the Samsung i8510. Love it! The camera is pretty decent although occasionally has focusing issues but certainly better than most I have seen. I have the one with 8GB of memory and you can buy another 8GB memory stick for about 13 so can double the memory. I use it as an MP3 player cos of the memory and it's got fairly decent battery life. I have been on 6 hour bus journeys and still had enough battery life in phone to last the rest of the day.

As for the size, it's quite bulky but it does have a very big screen. It's not touch screen as you know. The keyboard slides out and is bigger than the buttons on most new phones so no tiny buttons to fiddle with.

In the way of other features has GPS, realplayer (so can watch movies put onto memory stick), it can connect fo wifi connections so can browse the internet without needing to pay for 3G use. It has the symbian operating system so you can download some fairly decent applications. my favourite is a Sega Mega Drive emulator so you can play most games from that system on your phone.

Urm dunno what else to say. If you have any particular questions ask away

Me and my girlfriend both got new phones at the weekend, she got the Samsung Jet and I got the LG Viewty Smart. Both are basically just iPhone clones, but they are both really good phones.

She:

samsung-jet-combo.jpg

Me:

lg-viewty-smart-gc900.jpg

Should you buy the LG Viewty Smart GC900? Read our LG Viewty Smart review plus LG Viewty Smart reviews by users and find the best buy in the UK (Free LG Viewty Smart / LG Viewty Smart pay as you go - 3, O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Three, Vodafone)

I do like LG phones and my last one is the LG Viewty U9100, which was ok, but some things kinda pissed me off, like texting and the occasional time when you try to hit a button on the touchscreen and it pinged to a different button.

Working my way round the Samsung Tocco just now and like the dual touch screen / buttons combo, you can also scroll down using the two buttons on the side of the phone, makes it much easier!

• 2 weeks later...
i got the htc hero and it's pretty good.

HTC's are some of the best phones on the market, I've got the HTC Tocuh HD and before that had a string of Orange SPV's all of which were brilliant phones, the only problem with my Touch HD is that it is windows mobile, my next one itll be android and that'll be better, but the touch HD is an awesome phone.

• 5 weeks later...
HTC's are some of the best phones on the market, I've got the HTC Tocuh HD and before that had a string of Orange SPV's all of which were brilliant phones, the only problem with my Touch HD is that it is windows mobile, my next one itll be android and that'll be better, but the touch HD is an awesome phone.

aye, android is ace. i'm patiently waiting for the android 2.0 update so i can try out google navigation.