* Allan & Heath Mixer

* Numark DN300 CD Decks

* Numark 4 power amplifier

* JBL Control 5 Speakers

* JBL Bass-Bin

he rehearsal room is equipped with:

* Mackie DFX-12 12-channel desk

* Mackie SRM 450 active full-range speakers on stands

* 5-piece Mapex drum kit (Please bring your own snare, cymbals and hi-hats)

* Ampeg bass-amp head with Crate cabinet

* 3 x guitar combo amps (Marshalls)

* Peavy keyboard amp

* Several guitars including a Fender bass, a Squire Telecaster and a Gibson SG

* 24-channel Mackie 24/8 desk

* 24-track Alesis HD24 hard drive

* Alesis active monitors

* Focusrite Platinum Penta Compressor

* Alesis CLX Compressor/expander

* 2 x Alesis 3630 Compresser

* 2 x Berhinger Multigate Pro

* Tascam CDRW700 CD Writer

* Lexicon MPX550 Multi-effects unit

* Digitech Multi-effects unit

* Alesis DAT machine

* Various Microphones, including:

o 1 x Rhode NT2

o 2 x Shure Beta 57

o 4 x Shure SM58

o 2 x Shure SM57

o 1 x Shure Drum-microphone kit

o 1 x AKG D112

o 1 x AKG C3000

o 2 x AKG C1000

o 2 x AKG C1000s

That's good news. The Foyer is probably my favourite rehearsal room but I gave up on it because all the amps were wrecked. One of the Marshalls made a horrible scratchy noise when you were playing through it, and on the other the gain control was broken and was stuck on, so you couldn't get a clean sound. If the gear is fixed up we'll definitely start using The Foyer again.

That's good news. The Foyer is probably my favourite rehearsal room but I gave up on it because all the amps were wrecked. One of the Marshalls made a horrible scratchy noise when you were playing through it, and on the other the gain control was broken and was stuck on, so you couldn't get a clean sound. If the gear is fixed up we'll definitely start using The Foyer again.

Yeah, same. We stopped going ages ago because all the equipment was brutal. It's a nice wee place though, if everything is fixed then we'll definetely go back.

We're booked in this Friday night, so hopefully we'll have no problems. It's damn near impossible to get a room at Toms at the moment, fuck knows why it's so busy and I've never been keen on Musical Vision, so if The Foyer is back up to standard that can only be a good thing.

Word to the wise, never use to the rooms as Transition Extreme, they are laughably bad.

Thats good yeh i went into the rooms at transition myself.... they are indeed bad.. but foyer are trying to get ties with them to set up another studio there but tie it in with aberdeen college as a training program.

so improvement is in the works

as for the foyer i was in yesterday and none of the amps were in a working state they were all in bits.... theres a band in tonight so kev should have them all cleaned up and spanking new by then.

If anyone isnt satisfied after there visit give me a message stating what you didnt like and we will make it up to you the next time you visit.

UPDATE ::

Foyer Music - We are now offering a 3 for 2 hours deal up until the end of of october.

When booking please Quote 3 for 2.

Prices are very reasonable

10 / per hour Rehersal Room

5 / per hour Dj Room

And an additional fiver an hour for Recording... The extra price includes an engineer and up to 3 master copys.

As for the website and contact emails... il have it all updated and working later tonight.

Guest Gladstone

We practised in Transition once due to lack of anywhere else to go after Tom's double booking us. Holy shit it was bad. We'd have been as well practising in my living room.

Foyer sounds good, I might speak to the guys, but I suspect we'll end up sticking with Tom's just because that's where we go. Some people are afraid of change, plus I like Captain Tom - he's a good guy.

We practised in Transition once due to lack of anywhere else to go after Tom's double booking us. Holy shit it was bad. We'd have been as well practising in my living room.

2 x 20w practise amps, and a tin-pot PA, all of which is on the floor. It's like they just had two rooms left when they were building it and thought "what can we do with these?" and then just went and bought a bunch of cheap band equipment and threw it in. The room set up is absolutely ming, it was clearly set up by someone who has never been in a band.

It might be OK for little 15 year old skater grommets to make a noise with but if you're hoping to get a decent band sound you've got no chance.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah our vocalist is gunna be able to tape an A5 pad to the mic and turn the pages, aye? while learning lyrics of new songs while jam them out to see how they sound

dinna think so mate, no need to smart cunt eh?

How about writing them on another piece of paper 'then' sticking them to the mic stand!

Its all want want want want these days!

No need to be a needy cunt eh!

How about writing them on another piece of paper 'then' sticking them to the mic stand!

Its all want want want want these days!

No need to be a needy cunt eh!

So I take it if there was no mic stands at this practise room we would obviously tape the mics to the side of our face instead of asking for mic stands yeah.

So I take it if there was no mic stands at this practise room we would obviously tape the mics to the side of our face instead of asking for mic stands yeah.

No because a mic stand is an essential part of equipment that would be expected to be supplied by a business running a rehearsal studio. Not so a mic stand. Buy your own

Buy Music Stand. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .