aberdeen-music

If anyone is looking for an NHS dentist...

Lemonade

Should be free I think. I got a check up and a scale and polish this afternoon and when I went to the desk to make a repeat appointment she hit me with a bill for 19.93. I just paid it and then asked for a receipt so I could see what it was for, but the receipt just says "19.93 for professional dental services rendered" which doesn't really give much away :laughing:

I'm going in on Wednesday. They won't escape without giving me a breakdown on what costs what.

Still, I'd rather have them than not have them. I don't particuarly care for surgery (the asleep kind) and there's no fucking way I'm having him yank the bastards out of my gums while I'm awake!

I got half of mine removed under a local. I also had a hangover and 4 hours of sleep under the hood due to an alcoholic nightclub adventure the night before. Not that I think I'm hard as I found that experience so awful I can't face getting the other side out while conscious which completely defeats the purpose of getting a local in the first place.:down:

• 1 month later...

Registered with this lot in cove today, after I filled in the form they said I could have my first check up if I waited 20 mins. Gave me an x-ray, which I wasn't expecting, told me I need some fillings, which I was expecting. Then a bill for 9-odd, didn't have it since I only thought I was there to register, so I'll have to pay next time, suppose that must've been for the x-ray, which I'm still a bit foggy on why I got it.

Registered with this lot in cove today, after I filled in the form they said I could have my first check up if I waited 20 mins. Gave me an x-ray, which I wasn't expecting, told me I need some fillings, which I was expecting. Then a bill for 9-odd, didn't have it since I only thought I was there to register, so I'll have to pay next time, suppose that must've been for the x-ray, which I'm still a bit foggy on why I got it.

Because your a new patient I would imagine...

Gave me an x-ray, which I wasn't expecting, told me I need some fillings, which I was expecting... suppose that must've been for the x-ray, which I'm still a bit foggy on why I got it.

Sometimes fillings are hiding and they can only be found with an x-ray!! Last time I was at the dentist I got an x-ray and he found a filling.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

After a few visits to Felipe and co. I'm seriously considering going somewhere else, they are really really rough, the staff (dentists included) are surly and not at all welcoming and they seem to just make up the charges as they go along. The last scale and polish I had from them hurt like crazy and left me spitting out blood and bits of gum for the rest of the day, and I got a filling recently that wasn't exactly pleasant, didn't even offer me anaestethic, just straight in with the drill!

After a few visits to Felipe and co. I'm seriously considering going somewhere else, they are really really rough, the staff (dentists included) are surly and not at all welcoming and they seem to just make up the charges as they go along. The last scale and polish I had from them hurt like crazy and left me spitting out blood and bits of gum for the rest of the day, and I got a filling recently that wasn't exactly pleasant, didn't even offer me anaestethic, just straight in with the drill!

I think they're alright (i get Felipe too). They are a walk in the park in comparison the the 6 monthly mouth rape i was subjected to by the Rosa Klebb wannabe at the Portlethen dentists.

I once went to a dodgy guy in upstairs place on Crown Street (near the post office), what a fucking mistake that was. Did the worst filling I've ever had (at one point, drilling with one hand while writing on a clipboard that was lying across my chest with the other hand) - hurt like shit for weeks afterwards and constantly felt like I was chewing tin foil. Ended up in a huge abcess, I went to see a proper dentist who asked me if I'd done the filling myself, and told me the tooth was so fucked that he had no choice but to pull it out. Old fat guy with a beard. May not have been an actual dentist.

I once went to a dodgy guy in upstairs place on Crown Street (near the post office), what a fucking mistake that was. Did the worst filling I've ever had (at one point, drilling with one hand while writing on a clipboard that was lying across my chest with the other hand) - hurt like shit for weeks afterwards and constantly felt like I was chewing tin foil. Ended up in a huge abcess, I went to see a proper dentist who asked me if I'd done the filling myself, and told me the tooth was so fucked that he had no choice but to pull it out. Old fat guy with a beard. May not have been an actual dentist.

That guy is known in the business for his cheap extractions. I would never have let the fucker near my teeth for any other reasons.

Grandholme Dental were still taking on NHS patients last Friday - you have to go in in person though. Can't register over the phone.

I've had a few fillings from them and can confirm a good standard of dentistry.

Grandholm Dental Clinic - Grandholm Village, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland

Not only do you always get anasthetic before the drill, you get some gel to numb your gum before sticking the needle in - as pain free as it can be :gringo: