aberdeen-music

If anyone is looking for an NHS dentist...

Lemonade

Great news - thanks!

[EDIT= Can you register on the phone or do you have to go down in person, do you know?]

You have to go in in person and fill in the forms. I phoned them last week and asked them to post me a form but they wouldn't.

It's Cove Dental Care, 4 Catto Walk, on the site of an old doctor's surgery.

Guest Gladstone
My dentist in the Broch, who I'd being going to since I was 4, and is a lifelong friend of the family, went and turned private on me and struck me off, the cunt.

Mr Leslie?

Informed me the other week that he is a bass player.

He is a camp, bass playing dentist from Orkney who lives in the Broch. How is he still alive?

Mr Leslie?

Informed me the other week that he is a bass player.

He is a camp, bass playing dentist from Orkney who lives in the Broch. How is he still alive?

That's the guy. He plays the bass guitar and the double bass. I've known him my whole life. He's an affa fine guy, soured only by the fact that he's a Dundee Utd fan.

Guest Gladstone
I haven't been to the dentist in ages. I'm going with this logic -

It was fine last time I went > I have brushed and flossed regularly since > It is still fine

Suits me.

That logic lost me my NHS place at the dentist in Mintlaw. They strike you off after 3 years. I called them after 4 years, then had to go private. Totally wish I hadn't stopped going to the dentist. I have no problems/fillings or anything, but it is still good to get a good scale and polish every 6 months, and have peace of mind that my teeth aren't going to fall out cos I'm not going to the dentist...

That logic lost me my NHS place at the dentist in Mintlaw. They strike you off after 3 years. I called them after 4 years, then had to go private. Totally wish I hadn't stopped going to the dentist. I have no problems/fillings or anything, but it is still good to get a good scale and polish every 6 months, and have peace of mind that my teeth aren't going to fall out cos I'm not going to the dentist...

Yeah, that's the same as me. I haven't had a Dentist since 2002. I'm pretty sure i don't have any problems with my teeth, they appear to be fine. Occasionally my gums bleed when i'm brushing my teeth but i'm sure that's nothing worth worrying about. I brush twice a day and use mouthwash (though i'm not entirely convinced of its properties). I've only ever needed one filling and that turned out to be because my wisdom tooth was slowly breaking my other tooth eventually culminating in the broken tooth being taken out.

I really need to go soon, does it not cost to go to an NHS dentist these days? I mean, last time I went private I'm pretty sure it was quite cheap. I don't have dental insurance but my teeth are pretty solid. It's just I need them professionally cleaned.

Well as far as i could get from the receptionist at Cove:

Check-up is free. Scale and Polish is 10.10 and if you need an x-ray it can be somewhere between 3 and 10. Other work is charged accordingly.

Cheers, min. That's way cheaper than I thought.

Ditto, last time i went to the Dentist he charged me 30 for a check up and despite telling me that my teeth were fine he booked me in for a 30 scale and polish where i was treated to an experience i will never forget (imagine Rosa Klebb with dental floss). That was the end for me and i didn't go back.

Hopefully Felipe will be a little nicer to me when i go in and see him. :up:

I think this place is about fairly average in terms of private prices

Dental fees charged by our Aberdeen dentist Aberdeen dentists at Queens Road Dental Practice Aberdeen (01224) 646771 cosmetic dentists Aberdeen dentist

Queens Cross Dental Practice used to have their prices on their website and it was unbelievable, it was about three times the price of everywhere else, there were things that cost about 2000. Wisely they've taken them down now, probably to try and lure more people to go then they can sting them with the prices once they've signed up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:( That sucks. How much is that skinning you or is it free on the NHS?

Should be free I think. I got a check up and a scale and polish this afternoon and when I went to the desk to make a repeat appointment she hit me with a bill for 19.93. I just paid it and then asked for a receipt so I could see what it was for, but the receipt just says "19.93 for professional dental services rendered" which doesn't really give much away :laughing: