aberdeen-music

27/9/09-Freshers Week Metal and Hardcore

Teabags

Shut up John.

Just out of curiosity, looking for some constructive criticism from the people who saw Saikano. What didn't you like about our set? or what did you like about our set? Just wondering what people thought.

From my point of view I thought it sounded fairly generic and uninspired, but I don't like what you would probably think hardcore is ...

Beatdown - beatdown - mellow out of tune singing part - messy fast riff - beatdoon.

I much prefer blast blast blast - thrash beat - d beat - blast and repeat.

Shut up John.

Just out of curiosity, looking for some constructive criticism from the people who saw Saikano. What didn't you like about our set? or what did you like about our set? Just wondering what people thought.

Didn't go to the gig but interested in what you guys sound like now. I remember quite liking some of the recordings I heard. Still the same sort of stuff?

Funny stuff huh ...... Would've been good if we all got a nice lie in on the day ...... Check and mate. Your turn rumpleforeskin.

I was going by the time the promoter requested us to be there.. which we were late for anyway.. that my friend, wasn't the problem. Your hangover, knowing we had a show the next day was. I don't think that last move was actually mate, mate!

I was going by the time the promoter requested us to be there.. which we were late for anyway.. that my friend, isn't my fault. Your hangover, knowing we had a show the next day, is. I don't think that last move was actually mate, mate!

It was a joke dude kin hell. Doubt it was just my hangover ... think singling my hangover out is a tad shite. I don't see you making the other guys cry in the corner :love:

Next song that is wrote is going to have a beatdown in it .... See what you've done !!!! Haha

I don't consider us hardcore at all, will be a little better as we go as i'm still new in the band and would really like to get everything tight as possible. doesn't change how good the tunes are though...

Yup, mostly the same songs add one or two since i joined.

Yeah man like I said I'm not into the music you guys play so really my opinion is fairly void. Tell your drummer to play fast and vaguely on time and everyone will be happy :D

Yeah man like I said I'm not into the music you guys play so really my opinion is fairly void.

Haha if only.

What happened to musicianship and all that. Appreciating other bands regardless of whether they like it or not. Shit if only I could stay for one and a half songs and make a pretencious opinion.

I thought it was a good night, didn't stay for the last half as I have seen all the others before...

Haha if only.

What happened to musicianship and all that. Appreciating other bands regardless of whether they like it or not. Shit if only I could stay for one and a half songs and make a pretencious opinion.

I thought it was a good night, didn't stay for the last half as I have seen all the others before...

Nice one, i don't know why i watch bands more than once... imagine the time it'll save!

Okay here is my pretentious two cents. It sounded like every two bit 14 year old band wanting to sound like killswitch engage.

As for the musicianship and song writing ability you aren't pushing the boundaries in any shape or form. It was a complete yawnfest.

Yes I am a musical elitest/snob. Couldn't care less.

Enjoy what your doing though and sticking with the sheep.

Baahhhhh.

As for the musicianship and song writing ability you aren't pushing the boundaries in any shape or form. It was a complete yawnfest.

Yes I am a musical elitest/snob. Couldn't care less.

Enjoy what your doing though and sticking with the sheep.

Baahhhhh.

Whoa and you are pushing boundaries? Same reason why I had the oppertunity to leave. I appreciate ability and all but seriously your hardly the dogsnutz . As for the rest I agree, Gabby S isn't my cup of tea. Its got that stench of metalcore all over it but I enjoying playing with the dudes being mates and all. What qualifies as being a sheep though?

Shut up John.

Being honest, it sounded like you were good, vocalist had an quite a good scream, muscians were tight and probably quite talented, but you didn't do anything in terms of grabbing my attention.

Maybe just my musical standpoint, i do like alot of emo/sceamy music, but what sets apart the stuff i enjoy seing live and and stuff that will just blend into background noise is dynamism, something you guys lacked. it all just seemed as though it was all the same song.

This gig was fucking ace!

That guy that smashed the glass was even more of a mess than Teabags. For this, I hate him :laughing:

Uncalm are ace! I still fucking LOVE that track about the emergency services :D Need to write one about Supras now Teabags ;)

Ablach were sounding awesome, the snare and cymbals particularly ;) Haha! Na, you guys are probably one of my favourite bands in Aberdeen just now and for good reason. It's so powerful!

Choose Your Fate were tighter than a few times I've heard them before (A good send off for Pete! Have fun with what you're doing dude :)). Shame about what happened with the bass though!

Saikano were alright, it's not my preferred approach, but I thought it worked for the genre it was covering to be honest. Few cool riffs and structures.

Gabriel Sylar did good for their first gig. Good job dudes. A little loosening up on stage and you'll be fine it was very rigid but that'll be worked no bother in good time I'm sure! Like said previously, not my thing musically, but it sounded not bad!

KCHGH were shit. Haha! I thought we played alright at this one actually, best onstage sound we've had yet so could actually hear what was going on a bit better than usual!

Shit if only I could stay for one and a half songs and make a pretencious opinion.

95% of the time, a song and a half is usually enough to make a pretty sound judgement on what a band are like. A&R types don't even need half a song......

I couldn't really fault much musicianship wise with yourselves and Saikano (though being honest I rapidly lost the will to pay attention), but if there's one thing I would happily go without hearing it's more bloody-boring-bloody-Killswitch-Engageesque-tribute acts, they are all just a load of generic painting by numbers metalcore.

Only my opinion.

:up:

Think KCHGH and Gabriel Sylar stole the show for me. GS had a big crowd, which might have made a difference and they are a pretty tight band, but yea, could use with loosening on stage, but it was their first show! KCHGH, I've heard of them, but hadn't heard them, but probably cause they have no songs on their myspace. I thought they were pretty wicked, but what got my attention was the bass player. 2 handed taps on a SIX string bass? The neck at the bottom is probably bigger than my hand! But yea dudes, good show!

And John, as for some constructive critism, I thought you guys put on a good show, just thought the sound was either too loud, as I couldn't make one song from the other, or you guys tune too low and it sounded muddy, but I know what you guys sound like, and I like it! Oh, and maybe tell your friends to come to shows, as it was only me and D standing there watching you guys, we were the only ones that clapped at the end of a song as well, so bring friends!!!!!!

Uncalm......liked the bit about crabcore and that dude smashing the glass. You guys more then excel in the stage banter department!

Thanks for all the constructive criticism! The only thing i would disagree with is the Killswitch Engage comments. I don't think we do or want to sound anything like them.

I just wish we had friends to bring to shows:(

Buy me a drink and I will be your friend... buy me a drink and get me free entry and I will even look like I am enjoying myself ;)

I have never seen you guys live but yeah you sound nothing like KsE based on myspace tunes. Remind more of Parkway Drive than anything else on the song called Twelve