aberdeen-music

Heil Healthfreak; Nae Smoking, even ootside.

Pierre Von Mondragon

New York smoking ban may be taken outside | World news | guardian.co.uk

This just makes me want to take it up again*, so I can gang bezza when some supercilious douchebag tells me to stub it out, outside, Out-fucking-side!! The failed War on Drugs not absurd enough for them, that some need to manufacture an even more insidious assault on liberty, Cretins.

* I won't though, I'm not getting re-addicted to prove a point

However the mayor, Michael Bloomberg.....wanted "to see if smoking in parks has a negative impact on people's health"

Well, yes, smoking has a negative impact on your health wherever you do it. Now, I'm no scientist but I suspect that the only person's health you'll be negatively impacting upon when smoking

Out-fucking-side!!
will be your own.

Why not just ban smoking and be done with it?

Another string to the bow of prohibition?, excellent idea, Allow Criminal Gangs to top up those billions with some fag selling, genius! Banning things is the problem, not any kind of solution. Given how generally corrupt and incompetent governments are, and their tendency to act in purely in political ways rather than, towards say, harm reduction, does anyone trust them to regulate their Brain Chemistry, really?

Another string to the bow of prohibition?, excellent idea, Allow Criminal Gangs to top up those billions with some fag selling, genius! Banning things is the problem, not any kind of solution. Given how generally corrupt and incompetent governments are, and their tendency to act in purely in political ways rather than, towards say, harm reduction, does anyone trust them to regulate their Brain Chemistry, really?

Are you okay man? It seems as if your brain chemistry has come under libertarian control.

political-pictures-ron-paul-totally-looks-like-magneto.jpg

They should just bring back that smoking ad with superman from the 80s, or better still replace him with Rorschach!

1965tareytonad.jpg

220px-Tareyton_white.jpg

Come on now with adverts like that smoking cant really be that bad for you can it?.

Some of these are crackers like.

Eve. "Farewell to the ugly cigarette" was also one of their slogans. This advertising campaign was directed at women and young girls.

Virginia Slims. This ad campaign started in 1968 and was directed at young women. Within the next two years smoking among girls ages 12 and up increased over 110%.

Winston. In 1962 Winston's cigarette "spokespersons" were the Flintstones. The Flintstones was sponsored by Winston at that time. After Wilma became pregnant though, the Flintstones was sponsored by Welch's Grape Juice. Smart move.

Old Gold. Another slogan for Old Gold was "We're tobacco men...not medicine men." One 1952 print ad stated "If you want a treat instead of a treatment, smoke Old Golds!"

Taken from Cigarette Ads and Slogans of Yesteryear - Fun Facts, Questions, Answers, Information

• Upvote 1

And then I read the hard copy version, and they have a bit about the city of Belmont CA, which has banned people from smoking in their own houses. Now that perfectly fits my vision of authoritarian hell, seriously what is next on those dudes list, I fear to think. I don't believe the guy who started the ban's story at all.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/27/world/americas/27iht-smoking.1.19706667.html

Funny though, plenty of bars in California are unofficial 'smokeeasys' and officials turn a blind eye a lot of the time. Generally though, they're super strict about it. The attitudes of smokers out there is a lot better though, like people try to keep their smoke away from people.

Unless it's dank, they don't really care about that. Good attitude, IMO!