aberdeen-music

Which is the best amp for Metal (especially Death Metal)?

Ameer27

Personal preference ;)

I have a Randall RG100ES (Dimebag fanboy amp as used on Cowboys, Far Beyond Driven and Trendkill) and it sounds excellent.

I also have an ENGL SE EL34 which is excellent.

They are very different, yet both sound awesome for metal. Just depends what you want to achieve.

I prefer the Randall to alot of metal guitarist's valve based tones. Doesn't make it better. :up:

I know that isn't your point as such and I'm being picky and arsey, but yeah :)

OP, the AVT Marshall range (now discontinued) sounded better than the MG (IMO) with a few more options to use with it aswell.

What sorta sounds are you trying to get anywhere near (you don't need to be trying to directly replicate anyone in particular, but must have something roughly in mind)?

Engl:up: Zing!

I'm selling a Marshall VS100R (Same model Chuck Schuldiner from Death swore by) for about 200 if you're interested?

Recently serviced and all checked over, sounding tasty through my cabs... Not aesthetically the best, but far from the worst - all it needs is a wee clean over and some new feet!

If yer interested I'll fire you some pics n sound clips, just leave me a message here or email FullMetalJacket_2003@Hotmail.com

Cheers!