aberdeen-music

A question about rap

aberdoom.com

My original post was in reply to a question about the first rap song.....

I voiced an opinion about what it was, but expected someone may put me right about it if I was wrong !! .....

I ALSO said ..."but feel free to correct and educate me, coz I don't care much for the genre anyway"....I wasn't trying to goad anyone.

The fact I said that I thought that Rap was crap, obviously didn't sit well with a few of you !.... tough ! but there are lots of things I don't like, that other people probably do!

I'm not really pissed off about loosing rep POINTS per se, what pisses me off is that the reason for the negative rep to this extent is NOT really justified....

Sounds like everyone on here has to toe a certain line, or a certain clique of people on here come down on you like a ton of bricks just for voicing an opinion different from theirs.

I thought this was Aberdeen Music Forum...not Big Brother ! (no - not the TV show)

I'd better pull my head below the parapet again then....

sorry your honours (tugging forelock) it'll be as you say.......sorry I spoke out of turn.... blah blah !

?(

See, you just don't get it and you get this a lot don't you? How can I explain... it's like you're Mr HBOS bank and you've just announced 'Hey guys, seems like we're completely insolvent and unable to roll over billions in commerical paper. NOOOOOOO!!! THE HEDGE FUNDS ARE EATING ME. WHY???'

See, if you make these sort of comments without it being an amusing troll, yer gon get raped son.

so, we now have 2 seperate 'rap' threads, both of which have disintegrated and turned into flame wars and 'hilarious'/'ironic' observations...can we merge both, close one or close both plz?

To be fair the other one seems to have mutated into a 'Post up cool rap/hip-hop videos whereas this one is more of a general discussion about observations that people have on the rap genre.

Anyway

Rap seems to be more life stories and experiences, kind of like shanties and traditional stories sort of vain, you can take pretty much any story and turn it into a rap song essentially. The good thing about rap as a medium to convey experiences is that its so open and anything is pretty acceptable.

See, you just don't get it and you get this a lot don't you? How can I explain... it's like you're Mr HBOS bank and you've just announced 'Hey guys, seems like we're completely insolvent and unable to roll over billions in commerical paper. NOOOOOOO!!! THE HEDGE FUNDS ARE EATING ME. WHY???'

See, if you make these sort of comments without it being an amusing troll, yer gon get raped son.

Its always a laugh when someone treats Forums et al as a place mainly for serious discussion and gets all earnest; Hey guys, I'm just making a point, Lets do the show right here etc.

And yeah, the Rap/Crap thing, not even funny in '83, let alone now.

To be fair the other one seems to have mutated into a 'Post up cool rap/hip-hop videos whereas this one is more of a general discussion about observations that people have on the rap genre.

Anyway

Rap seems to be more life stories and experiences, kind of like shanties and traditional stories sort of vain, you can take pretty much any story and turn it into a rap song essentially. The good thing about rap as a medium to convey experiences is that its so open and anything is pretty acceptable.

How can you have gone from 'isn't it just limericks, yeah?' to that?

How can you have gone from 'isn't it just limericks, yeah?' to that?

How did this thread go from that to being a general discussion about rap?

How does another thread about guitars become about a whole setup?

Evolution, that how it works, people add bits, others question them and then others follow through with further questions and observations