aberdeen-music

The towers of london @ cafe drummond

JOHN BEVERLY

Seriously, how can they justify 10 a ticket? Who is going to pay that to see Towers of London? I mean, make all the TD jokes you want but where is the actual demand to see this band to justify that ticket price?

I may be totally wrong, but surely this will be nearly empty? I don't know anyone at all who likes them. A washed up band who were at best sensationalist in the first place,

Seriously, how can they justify 10 a ticket? Who is going to pay that to see Towers of London? I mean, make all the TD jokes you want but where is the actual demand to see this band to justify that ticket price?

I may be totally wrong, but surely this will be nearly empty? I don't know anyone at all who likes them. A washed up band who were at best sensationalist in the first place,

Oasis fans mainly.

• Upvote 1

I get pleasure out of supporting them.They are exciting and a hoot. The dangerous atmosphere at the gigs is electric , much more fun than arseholes ruining gigs by going around telling the audience to shhhhh, or namby pamby bandits playing namby pamby shite and boring everyone in earshot .

I'd hardly say they " Dick on The Sex Pistols ", as Donnie so elequently put it after a shandy or two, but they at least hae a good spurt at them, cheers Biz.

Towers of London Music Hall 11th April 2007

The lights dimmed and an eerie siren haunted us from the PA, Towers of London came on stage looking like they were ready to go 20 rounds with Tyson, they made noises like Zodiac Mindwarp, The Sex Pistols and Manic Street Preachers and were scary and silly and very loud, they rocked like bastards and Donny manouvered the crowd into a frenzy of hate, pint after pint of beer and numerous objects were thrown at the band and they loved it.

He constantly heckled the crowd for wasting their beer, urging them to drink it, calling them idiots and sheep shaggers, climping onto the barrier and crawling over the crowd, but the attention was focused on the whole band, they sounded like a band, looked like a band, and I would go to see them again, because they wear hair product? nah, cos they are worth it.

• Upvote 1