aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Guest droid

Prestwick

Guest droid

Check out google maps,3 USAF 747s on the tarmac of a civilian airport,Extraordinary rendition?

Guest droid

Haha....knowing the U.S of A,i think not! They could have landed at any military base,i.e Leuchars,Kinloss,Lossie,Lyneham or Brize Norton...????????Then maybe Prestwick is the only low profile airfield with a big enuff runway for a 747

Surely, if they were rendering people, then they'd use unmarked planes though? I'm understanding in your speculation as it so, but that seems obvious, unless they really don't give a shit any more.

Guest droid

Google maps..Prestwick,zoom in on the airport,then the 3 grey planes you see,2 on 1 runway then 1 on another.

Guest droid
Surely, if they were rendering people, then they'd use unmarked planes though? I'm understanding in your speculation as it so, but that seems obvious, unless they really don't give a shit any more.

you can only see USAF on the wing from above,the rest of the jet is grey!

Check out google maps,3 USAF 747s on the tarmac of a civilian airport,Extraordinary rendition?

Nope. Prestwick has hosted a US MATS base since 1952 till quite recently and despite its closure, they still route a variety of service flights and fueling there. Since they came into WW2 and all through the Cold War, Prestwick was a major transport hub for US forces in Europe.

Nor do they use 747s for extrordinary rendition. Go and check out airliners.net for a surprisingly good list and photos of the lower profile aircraft chartered for that purpose. Where there is an airport, there is always a planespotter with a camera somewhere - they were on to this ages before anyone else ! :D

IIRC ,they did record rendition flights through Prestwick at one point but using unmarked bizjets.

Guest droid

So says wikipedia,doesn't mean to say they weren't up to no good!The CIA does rendition not USAF!

Guest droid
I believe the USAF 747s are usually used for mid-air refuelling purposes.

Or ABL[Airborne laser],and are/were considering using them as bombers!

I believe the USAF 747s are usually used for mid-air refuelling purposes.

No, the only country with modified 747's for inflight refuelling is Iran which has ten of them. The CIA flights were a mix of large bizjets (mostly Gulfstreams) and 737's.

Haven't had a chance to look at the image but will have a gander later as the US Airforce doesn't have any 747's on it's books other than Airforce One and the ABL. Probably camo painted civvies on long charter leases for Middle East troop transport flights as there is a load in use for this purpose.

I had a look. Didn't realise Prestwick was big enough to cater for the yanks.

Anyway, I was trying to find the disused plane at Prestwick, but can't see it anywhere on GM. I'm thinking it's possibly used for training purposes?

Guest droid
. Probably camo painted civvies on long charter leases for Middle East troop transport flights as there is a load in use for this purpose.

No they are blue/grey with USAF on the top of the wing.

C-5's and C-17's are fairly common at Prestwick and I have seen them occasionally at Edinburgh as well.

Prestwick is a good airport for military transport stop overs, a long runway but very few commercial flights.

Guest droid
Had a gander at Google Earth and there are no 747's in the picture, there are however three USAF C-5 Galaxy transport aircraft.

I stand corrected,my plane spotting skills have slipped over the years...however you failed to spot the stagecoach bus in front of one of the c5's lolz