aberdeen-music

Live Band(s) Wanted For Gig @ Drummonds on 22nd September

mouse3000

Looking for a band or two to play @ Drummonds during Freshers week (Tuesday 22nd September).

The format of the night is as follows:

Doors between 8:30 and 9:00

Live bands from 9:15 - 11:30ish

Laptop rave acts from 11:30 - 1:30ish, maybe later.

[We have one band and two laptop acts already confirmed]

If you're up for it then message me here or at annoying ringtone on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads and I'll get back to you asap!

Thanks!

What is a 'laptop rave act'?

I guess it's sort of half way between a live act and a dj set (closer to a DJ set), using material created or remixed by the artist playing it.

Isn't it where someone poses after pressing 'play' on their already-compiled playlist?

To the ignorant bystander it may perhaps look like that, but there's lots of live glitching, effects and other weird noises added live to keep things interesting.

My mate does this sort of thing, even if the playlist is pre-compiled the tracks are all (most of the time) created entirely by the performer.....so it's not really for slacking. After all it's dj-ing, it's gonna get a ribbing on here no matter how it is performed!

I'm guessing your mate is 'Dry Girl'? If so, he is playing this night and yes, his stuff is total awesome!

Btw, we now have a full line-up. Thanks to all the folks that got in touch!