aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Spiritinthesky

Vote for your fave Beatles album

I would vote for Abbey Road if I could be bothered voting. Although I've been listening to Hard days Night a fair bit recently, some cracking tracks on it.

I would vote for Abbey Road if I could be bothered voting. Although I've been listening to Hard days Night a fair bit recently, some cracking tracks on it.

I've only got A Hard Day's Night on vinyl so I don't get to listen to it often, since my record player is in my dad's shed, 50 miles away.

Abbey Road or Revolver, never could seperate them...

but then again I should prob go got the White Album as it's got heaps more songs to listen to :)

Revolver, not only is it the best Beatles album, it's the only one of their albums that has a serious case for the best album of all time. The White Album is joyful but flabby, Pepper has a shite George song, and Abbey Road will forever be tainted by the knowledge that John was holding back his best stuff for his solo albums. Magical Mystery Tour was an EP, not an album, and Rubber Soul, cracking though it was, was really a warm-up for Revolver, in the same way as Pet Sounds was a warm-up for Smile.

Having said all that, it's impossible to pick flaws in With The Beatles or Hard Days Night. Especially the latter, although discussion of it's merits inevitably brings forth the perpetual pub quiz question "Which Beatles album is the only one to solely feature Lennon/McCartney songs?".

I've always been quite a fan of 'Help!'.

I don't think they acftually have a single album that is perfect, they all have some ropey pish or covers on there.