aberdeen-music

gigs in peterhead

shmeet the beat

"shmeet the beat" is a new club night held upstairs @ mambos in peterhead, aberdeenshire, that gives unsigned bands/acts an opportunity to perform their own original material to a large crowd in a great venue. the night combines live music with visual treats to create a unique live experience. if you would like to perform at future shmeet the beat nights, please email shmeetthebeat@live.co.uk , get in touch through our myspace page, or send a demo to: shmeet the beat, mambos, queen street, peterhead, aberdeenshire.

our next night:

Shmeet Thebeat sat 19th sep | indian red lopez | plus support from freekorps + tbc | then Special guest dj's from WHACK! (tunnels) | plus visuals from pink elephant

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Oh man i am so doing this. So far this year we've played in New Deer and Fraserburgh. Peterheed would complete the set nicely! Tho being from the Broch myself I'll probably end up picking bits of Becks bottle out of my face by the end of the set. Possibly even before we go on.

Wirelessly posted (Vodafone/1.0/SEX1i/R1AA Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/2141; U; UK) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Are they really talking about Mambos, ex Chaplins - the shithole/drug pit of Peterhead?

Dear god!

Good luck to anyone who plays there - I used to find the West End bad enough!

capacity is just over 250. the venue is ideal for gigs but it has only been used as a nightclub for the first 5 years of it being open. there is even a "backstage" room upstairs where beers are provided for the bands to chill out in before/after their sets.

we held a couple of wizard festival showcases there in july and they were a success, but the first night in march we had 230. that was on a friday, so we are expecting more next saturday, especially since this is the first time we have had guest dj's after the gigs.

backline has so far been provided by ourselves (indian red lopez) as obviously the less shit you need to take through from aberdeen the better! pa etc is hired in and either aaron (moshulu/lemon tree) or phil (music hall) will hopefully be doing sound duties.

bands receive massive discounts on food and accomodation at a nearby hotel and also get paid PLUS a rider! we only charge 3 at the door as well!

there is no requirement to sell tickets or shit like that, but obviously the more folk you can get through from town the better the gig will be for yourselves!

we can also get you in touch with a local bus company who hire minibuses for our gigs and charge 10 return per person, which is cheaper than a stagecoach bus and drops you off at the door!

ps.pogo fish, you're showing your age aren't you!??

capacity is just over 250. the venue is ideal for gigs but it has only been used as a nightclub for the first 5 years of it being open. there is even a "backstage" room upstairs where beers are provided for the bands to chill out in before/after their sets.

we held a couple of wizard festival showcases there in july and they were a success, but the first night in march we had 230. that was on a friday, so we are expecting more next saturday, especially since this is the first time we have had guest dj's after the gigs.

backline has so far been provided by ourselves (indian red lopez) as obviously the less shit you need to take through from aberdeen the better! pa etc is hired in and either aaron (moshulu/lemon tree) or phil (music hall) will hopefully be doing sound duties.

bands receive massive discounts on food and accomodation at a nearby hotel and also get paid PLUS a rider! we only charge 3 at the door as well!

there is no requirement to sell tickets or shit like that, but obviously the more folk you can get through from town the better the gig will be for yourselves!

we can also get you in touch with a local bus company who hire minibuses for our gigs and charge 10 return per person, which is cheaper than a stagecoach bus and drops you off at the door!

ps.pogo fish, you're showing your age aren't you!??

Sounds great.

• 3 weeks later...

a quick update:

last clubnight saw indian red lopez supported by freekorps and kyle jernslett.

all bands were really well recieved and the turnout over the whole night was magic! (530 through the door over the course of the night)

the boys from free korps said they had a good time and definitely made some new fans.

the next night will be in november with the bands to be announced very soon!

keep in touch............

• 1 month later...

may 2010 Alan Mcgee DJ set.

aye, so we have a dj set confirmed from alan mcgee (creation records - oasis, promal scream, glasvegas etc etc etc etc) for sunday 2nd may 2010.....

it is the mayday bank holiday weekend so it will be an all day sesh! abdy will be howlin am sure!

LIVE BANDS ALL DAY FOLLOWED BY AN ALAN MCGEE DJ SET!

BANDS AND DETAILS TBC.

WATCH THIS SPACE!!

• 3 weeks later...
aye, so we have a dj set confirmed from alan mcgee (creation records - oasis, promal scream, glasvegas etc etc etc etc) for sunday 2nd may 2010.....

it is the mayday bank holiday weekend so it will be an all day sesh! abdy will be howlin am sure!

BANDS AND DETAILS TBC.

WATCH THIS SPACE!!

ace, looking forward to it :up:

• 4 months later...
Guest Gladstone

BANDS AND DETAILS TBC.

WATCH THIS SPACE!!

Just thought I'd mention that this gig which is happening on Sunday has SOLD OUT.

Amazing.

These Shmeet the Beat boys are doing an ace job of getting really good gigs on the go out in Peterhead. I urge anyone who's offered a gig by them to go for it if you can!

Canna wait! :)