aberdeen-music

Sony Home Cinema + Panasonic Flatscreen TV

Diesel

I'm moving house soon, so am selling off some stuff...

Sony DAV-600 Home Cinema System - DVD/CD Player, 5.1 Dolby/DTS. Slight intermittent fault with surround sound (details on application). Nice brushed aluminium speaker stands and sub-woofer.

davs800med.jpg

Panasonic 21" Flat Screen TV (Crt) in excellent condition. This telly is about 5 years old, but had has very little use. Can't remember the model number (I'm posting this from the office)

Looks something like this...

pv20df25.jpg

Bargain at 30 the lot - buyer collects from house or my office.

If the intermittent fault is that one of the channels cuts out periodically then it's just a dry joint. Very common with these systems, mine did the same when i had one. Nice system though, does the business.

The fault is that if you switch it off, or put in on standby for any length on time then power it up again, the sound output is intermittent for 5 mins or so, then it's fine. It's almost as if it's taking time to "heat up".

I have it on all the time and as a result, there's no issue with the sound.

Having said that, I don't use the DAV-600's dvd player at all, I use my PS3 and have a feed into the DAV-600 for the surround sound, so it's possible that it'll work OK on it's own,

The fault is that if you switch it off, or put in on standby for any length on time then power it up again, the sound output is intermittent for 5 mins or so, then it's fine. It's almost as if it's taking time to "heat up".

I have it on all the time and as a result, there's no issue with the sound.

Having said that, I don't use the DAV-600's dvd player at all, I use my PS3 and have a feed into the DAV-600 for the surround sound, so it's possible that it'll work OK on it's own,

Sounds like it's still a dry joint but could be in any number of places.