aberdeen-music

Shield Your Eyes + Citizens + Carson Wells | 24th September

Huw

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with a very heavy heart, i've decided i'm nae going: by the time i lock up the shop it'll be 10.15, by the time i get to the malt mill it'll be 10.35ish, as much as i like SYE now, it's not worth it.

time for postering/flyering today though round uni! yas.

also i may buy some oranges and give them to you at your work beforehand warden. we'll see.

yeah yeah, if anyone wants to duo poster / flyer this round uni through freshers i'm IN! david / ross etc ?

Dave Shower is your man! Cheers. Hopefully we'll get enough to give the travelling bands their money. I don't mind paying for the pick and mix myself though. I'll probably eat them all anyway coz i lurrve gelatine.

ha, i've already done it. oops. about 1-1.45pm yesterday.

chances are a lot of the posters will be down by now though cos of the huge presence of liquid :(

i plan to go up again on thursday itself and make some actual flyers from the copy shop in the library and wander around. so if anyone fancies helping me out, give me a shout, yo.

That made me spit tea on my desk. I like it.

Probably see you on Thurs unless something comes up....laziness or the likes.

Aye pretty tasteless. I thought Run For Your Life was a great label name.

This is tomorrow. Yas! Think Citizens will have their new 7" too. The songs on their myspace sound decent.

good gig! it was scary how good carson wells were...even if they didn't think it themselves. very tight! didn't catch much of citizens cos i had to nip out to get my bike. SYE were mint though. i really dig the new stuff. they didn't have the lp to buy so i'll need to get it online in a few weeks.

not a huge crowd come SYE but still decent. thanks huw and dave!

Thaanx to all who came along.Was a good gig and far exceeded my expectations.

Cant believe how much citizens have changed, for the better, more vocals would fill it out a bit more but decent.

SYE were just mindblowing (again), ORANGES was mint, as was Zippys dancing.shame about crowd going towards the end,couldnt be helped with freshers etc.

Awesome gig! I'm still in disbelief how the guy from SYE was getting such a great sound from a guitar with only 3 strings.

through a Marshall Valvestate with literally nothing in it and a strat copy that he seems to have sawed one of the limbs off.

Stef is my hero. He just stayed up late reciting Snatch quotes. It was doss.

Really appreciate everybody coming down. All helps towards the cause. Week today for This Town Needs Guns. Yeah!